Scored a Nice Button With My New Shovel.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. I went and scored a Predator Raven shovel from a hunting buddy this afternoon. Still hoping for someone to locate & return the old D95 but, have to move ahead for now. I am in the market for one if you want to sell through the classifieds. I headed straight back to my home town and was thinking of getting permission for some surrounding fields. Couldn't find anyone to ask so I headed to a spot I scored an 1865 Indian Head Cent this spring. Not five minutes in to the hunt I get a faint deep repeatable signal around a Indian Head Cent or 64ish on my Makro Racer 2 VDI. My first jab with the Raven popped out a very nice Gold gilded CW Infantry button. Heck Yeah!:headbang: It is Scoville MFG. Co. Waterbury stamped on the reverse and with shank intact very nice condition keeper. I spent more than the usual time cleaning this one up to see how much Gold Gilding I could bring out. She turned out pretty darn nice I think. One of my better buttons for sure.

Then I got a 1944 Wheatie. Just above the wheatie was another penny sounding & VDI target. I got fooled by the way cool aluminum Lawn Comb Rake badge. I can't find much out about their history yet. Manufactured in Bellville, New Jersey back in the day. Not often I cheer for aluminum finds.:thumbsup: I got a few other brass thingies. These oval two piece brass thingies. I have dug several of them with the four tabs on the back. Anyone know what the heck they are? LOL! Got the Yale key with the iron wire on it. The iron tried to keep me from digging this one but, I got enough of a conductive signal to pop her out. So not as many hours in the field this weekend with the rain and all. I did manage a few keepers and am ground balanced for another week at the salt mine.:BangHead: Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

Raven's First Score CW Gold Infantry Button 003.JPG Raven's First Score CW Gold Infantry Button 001.JPG Raven's First Score CW Gold Infantry Button 002.JPG Raven's First Score CW Gold Infantry Button 004.JPG Raven's First Score CW Gold Infantry Button 005.JPG Raven's First Score CW Gold Infantry Button 007.JPG Raven's First Score CW Gold Infantry Button 009.JPG Raven's First Score CW Gold Infantry Button 010.JPG Raven's First Score CW Gold Infantry Button 011.JPG Raven's First Score CW Gold Infantry Button 012.JPG Raven's First Score CW Gold Infantry Button 006.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 25

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice button!
Now you tie a string around this shovel so you won't loose it.:laughing7:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice button!
Now you tie a string around this shovel so you won't loose it.:laughing7:

I stopped by the vet clinic on the way home and got it "chipped"! I am spamming FaceBook having friends sharing a post with my lost shovel with many pictures. It may return or not. Time to move ahead and get some more goodies in my treasure chest. Thanks for the chuckle my friend.:laughing9:

Jacobsdt

Jan 9, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher F75 ltd, Garrett Pro Pointer and a little luck
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see, yours look in great shape, congratulations!!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I stopped by the vet clinic on the way home and got it "chipped"! I am spamming FaceBook having friends sharing a post with my lost shovel with many pictures. It may return or not. Time to move ahead and get some more goodies in my treasure chest. Thanks for the chuckle my friend.:laughing9:

Chipped is only good if you have the shovel to scan-need something like LoJack for shovels,detectors,and the pinpointer to trace it down. :)

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see, yours look in great shape, congratulations!!!!

Thanks mate! So much history spread out across this country. Although young by European standards it's still pretty darn cool!:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chipped is only good if you have the shovel to scan-need something like LoJack for shovels,detectors,and the pinpointer to trace it down. :)

You think I can get a refund from the vet?!?:BangHead:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great looking Civil War button Kurios. That one seems to be in very nice shape.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome relic hunt! :notworthy:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH YEAH THATS THE ONE TO FIND!

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW a CW button in the Midwest! Anything is possible but WOW!
Way to get my hopes up Kurious! LOL
Congrats on that beautiful keeper!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW a CW button in the Midwest! Anything is possible but WOW!
Way to get my hopes up Kurious! LOL
Congrats on that beautiful keeper!

There are civil war artifacts and relics up here. Just not as plentiful as down in the south east. I got a real nice Florida State Seal Gold Gilded button in way better condition than this Eagle I button. How do they get here? We will probably never know. Keep after it mate.:icon_thumright:

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are civil war artifacts and relics up here. Just not as plentiful as down in the south east. I got a real nice Florida State Seal Gold Gilded button in way better condition than this Eagle I button. How do they get here? We will probably never know. Keep after it mate.:icon_thumright:

I kinda figured they would be floating around here somewhere. Sure would make my year!
Love to see that button. And no worries there ill keep pounding the ground till it freezes!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet cw button kevin !! Congrats my friend !! I gotta get up to our hunting lease in SC and get some cw goodies while the boys kill bambie. Im scared they will shoot me accidentally while im doing my own hunting. I must admit that your enthusiasm for this hobby is inspiring !! Great work man !!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunted Kurios1 you make me want to hunt smarter and harder. Congratulations my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said it mate. Smarter. I am being more selective with my limited time. In the beginning I would go 12 hours and not even score a wheatie. Picking my locations a bit more wisely today.:icon_thumright:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Kurios...I have your Predator...it's ok...for now...send 2 rolls of unmarked Mercs, to a location I'll disclose soon. No cops! Any funny business and I've got a torch and an itchy finger. Lol...nice button! Ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread