Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I learned about checking the Coinstar machines for rejects here on TNet. It soon became the highlight of a grocery shopping trip for my son, now 8 YO. This weekend he did his usual reconnaissance and scored $1.27, which is a new record for him. Included was a Somalian 10 schilling complete with camel. He was a happy camper. (And I'm just a bit jealous....:wink:)

HH,
Michiganne

Attachments

• treasure 2009 007comp.jpg
    treasure 2009 007comp.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 257
  • treasure 2009 009comp.jpg
    treasure 2009 009comp.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 250
  • treasure 2009 008comp.jpg
    treasure 2009 008comp.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 248

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
BH, Prizm IV, Tesoro Cortez!
I love it! :thumbsup: been checking my local Krogers and Busches' but no luck so far. Congrats to your son!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also check out the coinstar machine. Now my 5 yr old daughter has started checking. My wife got mad at m saying now do you see what you got your daughter doing. I told her got to teach them young to make a buck. WTG on on the great finds....Matt

M

michigan michael

Nice score and great idea. I will have to watch our local coin star. My son and I use to hit the car wash in the summer time to do what we called treasure hunting! ;D People are always getting change setting the remainder they do not use on the ledge and a lot of times forgetting about it. $2.00 and a case of matchbox cars are our car wash record! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread