Scorpion Gets Its Third Ring In Three Weeks.....It Has An Attraction To Gold

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Scorpion Gets It's Third Ring In Three Weeks.....It Has An Attraction To Gold

<center>
louislaurandal2.jpg

Out tonite after supper to work a school yard. The stinger is hot on nickels, dimes & quarters which also makes it hot on gold! Nice batch of loot tonite! :)

RING2-1.jpg

Here's the ring. It might be gold, but probably gold plated. Its the third Lord of the Rings ring that I have dug.​

shibumi

Greenie
Aug 18, 2007
Re: Scorpion Gets It's Third Ring In Three Weeks.....It Has An Attraction To Gold

Cool ring very nice find. It heard the call of it master and came home.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Scorpion Gets It's Third Ring In Three Weeks.....It Has An Attraction To Gold

John.........When you find Jewelry with your Scorpion are you mostly in ...........deepseeking all metal..or. .Motion Dis? ... Also do you have better luck with your..... Infinium..or..Scorpion..finding jewelry?,,, :coffee2: I'll get my coffee and wait for a answer.............................

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Unless I am in a very trashy area, I hunt in the true all metal mode (standard mode, not ground balanced) and when I get a signal, I just flick over the switch to motion discriminate and compare the two signals. Iron targets pretty well disappear, and all the nickels and pull tabs give out a nice loud signal, usually louder the pennies. Of course in a trashy area, I just hunt in motion discriminate. The nice thing about the Scorpion is that it bangs hard on those pull tabs, where of course all the high Karat gold is found. Canadian clad, which is now nickel plate over steel, also hit hard because of the nickel. I am going over previously hunted sites which are giving up unusually high numbers of nickels, dimes and quarters. Now I have also found several silver coins with it too. I haven't had the opportunity to try it on the sand at a beach, but this is coming soon.

I wouldn't use the Infinium in some of the spots fields I hunt, as there are just too many metal targets. Not good for any PI. I only have used the Infinium in the water, on beaches and in the woods for relics. Another plus for the Scorpion is that it reads a meteorite harder and deeper (air tests) then the ACE series, the GTI series, the CX series and even the Infinium. The second best machine to sound off on the meteorite was the ACE 250. The scorpion can also be belt mounted to lighten up the rod. I had 12 hours on the Scorpion using rechargeable batteries with it still giving 4 beeps indicating a good charge. Not bad in my books for 9 volt batteries.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

John-Edmonton said:
Unless I am in a very trashy area, I hunt in the true all metal mode (standard mode, not ground balanced) and when I get a signal, I just flick over the switch to motion discriminate and compare the two signals. Iron targets pretty well disappear, and all the nickels and pull tabs give out a nice loud signal, usually louder the pennies. Of course in a trashy area, I just hunt in motion discriminate. The nice thing about the Scorpion is that it bangs hard on those pull tabs, where of course all the high Karat gold is found. Canadian clad, which is now nickel plate over steel, also hit hard because of the nickel. I am going over previously hunted sites which are giving up unusually high numbers of nickels, dimes and quarters. Now I have also found several silver coins with it too. I haven't had the opportunity to try it on the sand at a beach, but this is coming soon.

I wouldn't use the Infinium in some of the spots fields I hunt, as there are just too many metal targets. Not good for any PI. I only have used the Infinium in the water, on beaches and in the woods for relics. Another plus for the Scorpion is that it reads a meteorite harder and deeper (air tests) then the ACE series, the GTI series, the CX series and even the Infinium. The second best machine to sound off on the meteorite was the ACE 250. The scorpion can also be belt mounted to lighten up the rod. I had 12 hours on the Scorpion using rechargeable batteries with it still giving 4 beeps indicating a good charge. Not bad in my books for 9 volt batteries.
If you hunt in All metal not ground bal. were do you set thr GB knob at ..O....or......6 1/2......or leave it at were you had it last and do not move it?

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used

I read in the manual somewhere that you just set the ground balance to the arrow, although when speaking to Garrett recently, it was mentioned that it doesn't make any difference at all when you are not ground balancing the unit.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

John-Edmonton said:
I read in the manual somewhere that you just set the ground balance to the arrow, although when speaking to Garrett recently, it was mentioned that it doesn't make any difference at all when you are not ground balancing the unit.
:thumbsup:Thanks John yes at the arrow is about 6 1/2 ........I was going to sell my Ace250 but i saw how hard it hit on a meteorite it really surprised me..Sold my 1500 sent it back to Garrett twice and it never did work right again they fixed it the first time and it went bad in about 4 months sent it back again and it only lasted about 2 months and did the same thing.Would pick up a coin on top of the ground or in air test put the coin one inch under dirt and no sound at all.....Did not trust it after that.........Oh well...Thanks again..........Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread