May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...doesn't always get you what you hoped.
Land-Mag had set us up with a great looking field (on paper). It had good crop-marks on it, which the Archies had thought were Iron Age & Roman. It was next to a brook & opposite a known Roman settlement. But when we got our boots on the ground & gridded the crop-marks they had very little sign of anything. Experience tells us that these were Bronze Age & Iron Age. So another good looking target off the list.
We tried the field next door & then after lunch fell back to the possible Saxon site that Land-Mag & I had scouted. (Where I had the Medieval Lead Seal)
6 hours produced;

5 Scrappies
3 Crotal Bells
Large Roman Nail
Roman Lead Steel-yard Weight
Larges Spec. Buckle
Roman Pin-Head
17th C Spoon Top
17th C Leather Mount
OTWBTTC Cru'dad got a screaming signal 25 metres from the car in a trashy area. Turned out to be an 1851 Shilling.8-) It's actually a pretty scarce date to collect & this one is better than my one in the collection. (the collection I buy, not find)
[FONT=&quot]"My Mate Paul, he collected Collections and wrote a memoir "Recollections of a collections collector " as far as i know it's still unpublished ........."[/FONT]:laughing9:
[FONT=&quot]"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I had a friend once, he had a Cactus, same cactus sitting on his windowsill for 15 years , then one day someone gave him a second cactus then within 6 months he had to move to a bigger house so he had room for his collection, whereas a Woman with 3 cacti would say "that's probably enough Cacti for me "[/FONT]

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 119
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    204.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Upvote 35

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's about a 48mm. (most we get are smaller) Just to clarify we kept the nail because it was big. All the steel-yard weights we keep to at least show the owner.

For some sentimental reason i keep the better nails. Most go into the trash bin. All these boxes with pottery and nails are difficult to explain to the wife. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread