All Treasure Hunting
i dont know about that stuff but regular aluminum i got 60 cents a pound today

OP
OP
R

rdj

Greenie
Sep 14, 2005
Thanks for the response. I think I need to shop around for better prices. One more question. We need to replace our refrigerator and stove. Is there anything worth saving other than the electric cords?

It sure is great to have a place to ask basic questions and get answers from people who know what they are doing. Many thanks for your help guys.

rdj

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rdj said:
One more question. We need to replace our refrigerator and stove. Is there anything worth saving other than the electric cords?

rdj

In your stove, look for bits of copper or aluminum. BUT. If the stove works good, you might be able to sell it for more than scrap value. If it doesn't work very good, check for bits of copper and aluminum for your scrap barrel.

In your refrigerator ( if it isn't worth selling used ) you'll fine an aluminum condenser radiator behind the back wall of the freezer compartment.(remove the plastic insider wall cover by taking out the 4 or 5 screws that hold it in place.) Check out the compressor body, it MAY be aluminum. If the electric motor still runs good, remove it and keep for future projects or horse trading. The older ice makers (12 to 15 years old) often had cast aluminum inner workings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread