Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Screaming Silver. deep UPDATE found item

Hi all.
Just some back ground i got a lot of land next to the home am renting. it is on the main street when the town was made and in one of the oldest parts of town. the home that was on it was taken down in the 80;s and goes back to the 30s when built. was a 2 story home. been hitting it pretty hard this week and found some stuff nothing real old or anything like that. today was hitting the area where a tree is standing and got a great tone so i dug, came up with a cement slab about 2x2 feet got that up. and the tone was harder but deep am down about 15 inches or so and still got great tone and pinpointed to a small circle I know what you might be thinking the same thing i am. I had to stop for the night due to darkness. It is my undrstanding that when people did this they went down about 18 to 24 inches so still got some work to do. any thoughts how to proceed. should i start taken pics? thoughts please. the odds are not in my favor and not getting worked up about it, ( i wont sleep tonight ) anybody ever come across something like this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bluedogcards

Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
100_5589.JPG 100_5590.JPG 100_5591.JPG 100_5592.JPG

OP
OP
B

Bluedogcards

Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That does make alot od since could be a tie down pole or stake when the tree was planted. with the single not thinking a pipe water and sewer lines are on other side of lot. front and back. and it not a tone i have heard before, that's not saying much. it is nice to wish, when i find the hunk of metal crap at the bottom will post the pic lol

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I hope what ever it is involves a whole lot of silver or gold coins!
It probable is a piece of iron but you never know, they had to bury those coins in something! GL. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
B

Bluedogcards

Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes will keep posted with updates, will be done on Monday sometime, got to go clean out a storage unit that these people gave us since they are moving have no idea whats inside maybe the coins are in there lol

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bluedog I am rooting for you, I hope you score some treasure in that hole and in that storage unit.

Me too. But I wouldn't be able to wait until tomorrow, I'd be out there with a flashlight digging right now.

OP
OP
B

Bluedogcards

Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me too. But I wouldn't be able to wait until tomorrow, I'd be out there with a flashlight digging right now.

It has crossed my mind, i go out a dig a hole in the dark around here nobody want to be your friend anymore

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
It has crossed my mind, i go out a dig a hole in the dark around here nobody want to be your friend anymore

Where I live everyone would be out here at night helping...

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't wait to hear what you found be it good or bad. Best wishes... Brad

OP
OP
B

Bluedogcards

Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Am still here lost two days due to rain and filled the hole up way to muddy to get in there and still work...

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Alright... lets get to digging today. Don't make us come there and finish this job. Best of luck guy and hope you find something good. Good or bad... let us know (if you can).

OP
OP
B

Bluedogcards

Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok found it real nice not sure how old yet, back says bulldog classic just a nice medallion really thinking there should be something more am finding it hard to believe it picked this up being that deep i still got a faint tone still. so will play around some more. funny when i did find this it was right there. more then a inch where i stopped.
100_5643.JPG

Last edited:

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some sort of wrestling medal is my guess. Pretty cool find :thumbsup: That ya found it deep and kept going for it too, Good On Ya! Now the question.... why was it buried like that.... hrmmm.....

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh, looking at it your right :) I see what you mean. For what ever reason I keyed on a wresting stance but now I see the ball and helmet. Old school. hehh thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread