Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Screaming Silver. deep UPDATE found item

Hi all.
Just some back ground i got a lot of land next to the home am renting. it is on the main street when the town was made and in one of the oldest parts of town. the home that was on it was taken down in the 80;s and goes back to the 30s when built. was a 2 story home. been hitting it pretty hard this week and found some stuff nothing real old or anything like that. today was hitting the area where a tree is standing and got a great tone so i dug, came up with a cement slab about 2x2 feet got that up. and the tone was harder but deep am down about 15 inches or so and still got great tone and pinpointed to a small circle I know what you might be thinking the same thing i am. I had to stop for the night due to darkness. It is my undrstanding that when people did this they went down about 18 to 24 inches so still got some work to do. any thoughts how to proceed. should i start taken pics? thoughts please. the odds are not in my favor and not getting worked up about it, ( i wont sleep tonight ) anybody ever come across something like this.

Last edited:
100_5589.JPG100_5590.JPG100_5591.JPG100_5592.JPG

That does make alot od since could be a tie down pole or stake when the tree was planted. with the single not thinking a pipe water and sewer lines are on other side of lot. front and back. and it not a tone i have heard before, that's not saying much. it is nice to wish, when i find the hunk of metal crap at the bottom will post the pic lol

Well I hope what ever it is involves a whole lot of silver or gold coins!
It probable is a piece of iron but you never know, they had to bury those coins in something! GL. Keep us posted.

yes will keep posted with updates, will be done on Monday sometime, got to go clean out a storage unit that these people gave us since they are moving have no idea whats inside maybe the coins are in there lol

Bluedog I am rooting for you, I hope you score some treasure in that hole and in that storage unit.

Me too. But I wouldn't be able to wait until tomorrow, I'd be out there with a flashlight digging right now.

Me too. But I wouldn't be able to wait until tomorrow, I'd be out there with a flashlight digging right now.

It has crossed my mind, i go out a dig a hole in the dark around here nobody want to be your friend anymore

It has crossed my mind, i go out a dig a hole in the dark around here nobody want to be your friend anymore

Where I live everyone would be out here at night helping...

Can't wait to hear what you found be it good or bad. Best wishes... Brad

Am still here lost two days due to rain and filled the hole up way to muddy to get in there and still work...

Alright... lets get to digging today. Don't make us come there and finish this job. Best of luck guy and hope you find something good. Good or bad... let us know (if you can).

ok found it real nice not sure how old yet, back says bulldog classic just a nice medallion really thinking there should be something more am finding it hard to believe it picked this up being that deep i still got a faint tone still. so will play around some more. funny when i did find this it was right there. more then a inch where i stopped.
100_5643.JPG

Last edited:
Some sort of wrestling medal is my guess. Pretty cool find :thumbsup: That ya found it deep and kept going for it too, Good On Ya! Now the question.... why was it buried like that.... hrmmm.....

Huh, looking at it your right :) I see what you mean. For what ever reason I keyed on a wresting stance but now I see the ball and helmet. Old school. hehh thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back