se pro ?

PENNYHUNTER

Aug 19, 2007
Orangvalle
Detector(s) used
explorer se,excal 1000,whites MXT,and a E-trac
I am seriously looking into the SE pro. and am wondering how the coil does in trashy soil? I have faith that the detector is probably one off the best in the trashy soil, but I am concerned about the size of its 11 inch coil. I have a MXT and in trashy areas I put on my 4x6 and go to town. So I'm wondering how it performs, and if its not that good what coil would you recommend for this situation.

rhhideout

Greenie
Mar 19, 2005
Northern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer E-TRAC
I am using the SE pro,and it is a great detector in all conditions.As with any large coil,you may have a little difficulty in trash separation.I recently purchased the Sunray X1 probe for this reason.I mainly use the Stealth
X8 coil.The SE is a little unstable in very dry conditions,but don't let that influence your decision on buying one of
the best detectors out there.HH

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I’ve been using the SE with the slimline coil for about a mounth or so. After you learn how to tune it, it’ll work in trashy soil. I strated out using the stock program, then went to ferrosus tones and in all metal for trashy area.

In trashy areas I use the Smart Screen (SC) and Digital Screen (DS). I hunt slowly, setting up in Iron Mask AM mode (All Metal), Ferrous Tones, Recovery at Fast, Gains at 5 (adjust as needed, I lower the gains if I get false high pitch signals), Threshold just above silent (adjust as needed to compensate for ambient noise), Manual Sensitivity (noise cancle as needed).

When I get an iffy signal I use the Iron Mask button to toggle back to the stock Discrimination Mode (DM), then I can view the target and make a better judgment as to what it is (I stay in the Ferrous Tone mode while conducting this test).

This past weekend I found a sterling clamshell coin purse, it was about 10"-12” deep, and I hacked it. A few weeks ago I found an 1872 Half Dime, both finds came in near the zinc penny level, but they sounded a little more crisp and smother, and different in sounds duration.

OP
OP
PENNYHUNTER

PENNYHUNTER

Aug 19, 2007
Orangvalle
Detector(s) used
explorer se,excal 1000,whites MXT,and a E-trac
thanks Im sure that when I do get one this will be a BIG help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread