SE Pulls First Silver!!!

Clad 2 meet u

May 7, 2007
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water)
Well second time out was a charm! Hunted the "hunted out" Hines Park and after some schooling on how to set up the machine she sang out beautifully. Can't wait to get out and get some more seat time on her.

3-24-09HinesParkFinds.jpg

Happy Hunting!

Greg (C2MU)

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes! way to dig in those hunted out places. that was my first silver coin as well, same year. congrats and may there be many more waiting to see the light if day. HH, Griff

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You found a nice merc there nice shape. Hope you find more...Matt

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Congrats!

Finding a Merc is always sweet. Finding it as a first silver with your SE, priceless!

Way to go!

Good Luck,
Mark

OP
OP
Clad 2 meet u

Clad 2 meet u

May 7, 2007
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
I guess I should clarify... Not my 1st silver but it's the 1st with my new Minelab SE. I hope it's the 1st of many this year. Thanks for all the kind words everyone

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see good finds still coming out of Hines Park. Parts of it go back to the 1800's. In the 70's/early 80's, I pulled thousands of coins out of there. Being about 20 miles or more long it was my favorite site when I lived down-state in Wayne. A buddy tells me that as they have pulled the dead ash stumps out of the ground, there are hunters waiting to get in and look for stuff that could not be found because of the roots. I still don't think this makes the emerald ash borer a good thing.
HH! David

OP
OP
Clad 2 meet u

Clad 2 meet u

May 7, 2007
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
xdanthemanx said:
cool man , im still getting used to the etrac im sure your cacthing on pretty quick, so how you like it so far?
datm

Dan,

I've had it out twice, the first time I was wondering if I made a big mistake getting rid of a machine that I knew how to operate. Once I got my settings tweeked (with the help of other fellow explorer owners) it made a big difference. I'm hunting with iron mask off with about 1/4 of the screen dark, using fast & deep recovery (good for trashy areas) speed and I just listen for the flutey sounds. After awhile you learn to know the difference between a screw cap and a good silver tone. I'm going out today to see if I can continue where I left off on my silver streak.

Greg

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
well im loving the new etrac, i know its real similar to the se and ive been picking it up prettyy quick, ive scored a few nice finds at well over a foot deep

dan

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
If they are using Minelab, there's going to be a lot less for the competition to find, Lol!
Congrats C2mu, the silvers going to come rollin' in!

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Excellent finds and when you get use to running that explorer you'll really smoke the coinage! Try running that machine with fast and deep both off and see what happens :icon_pirat:

HH
Slipperyjack47

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread