SEARCHING FOR SILVER WITH THE SAFARI

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 1

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A while back you PM'd me to trade my Safari for your AT PRO...Now you see why I didn't...man do I love this machine...just wish it was waterproof..

Looks like you are getting pretty good with it.....I spent about 35 hours with it until I found my first silver with the safari..It was a 1902 Barber dime.

Goodluck and HH...Keep postin those Safari Hunts....oh yea....let's her the awesome sounds it makes when going over coins and show the ID number...thats the best part...later man

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dougofpa said:
A while back you PM'd me to trade my Safari for your AT PRO...Now you see why I didn't...man do I love this machine...just wish it was waterproof..

Looks like you are getting pretty good with it.....I spent about 35 hours with it until I found my first silver with the safari..It was a 1902 Barber dime.

Goodluck and HH...Keep postin those Safari Hunts....oh yea....let's her the awesome sounds it makes when going over coins and show the ID number...thats the best part...later man

Ha ha I definitely understand now I really enjoy it its extremely easy to use and I also wish it was waterproof that's the one thing I loved about the AT PRO and just for you I'll let her sing on the next hunt

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG digger & great video....Someday you will be directing movies!

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kayden said:
WTG digger & great video....Someday you will be directing movies!

Ha ha thanks I think I'll stick to just filming my detecting lol

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! I have a safari as well I love it!

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
detroitdigger said:
Great finds! I have a safari as well I love it!

I didn't know how I would feel about it being that I had never used a minelab before and from all the videos I watched they always sound like a video game but turns out to be an awesome machine I love it H.H.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY GUYS GOT OUT TO MY NEW SPOT AND FOUND A FEW KEEPERS H.H.

Oh sure! :(

Make us go over to the tube to see your finds. No pics for us regular folks huh! :(
Some of us can't afford to view vids. (LOL)

(Nice finds by the way. :icon_thumright: )

HH!

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHADIFIND said:
Oh sure! :(

Make us go over to the tube to see your finds. No pics for us regular folks huh! :(
Some of us can't afford to view vids. (LOL)

(Nice finds by the way. :icon_thumright: )

HH!

I tried the pic thing once and basically got called a liar on some of my finds so now its just videos...I did put pics at the end of the video :)

Last edited:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Well that was a great Park Hunt :)
What was your 'mystery coin', I was gonna guess seated dime, but it looks too big, (and you probably would have included it in the 'cleaned shots')
we didn't get to hear the tone either, looked again at the size, two Cent, three Cent, Nickel ???
Please tell us what it was !!
Safari was my first detector, and out of the many I've bought, used and sold, the only one I've kept.
It's been used and abused, submerged,(in both salt and fresh water, and yes I rehabilitated it properly) dropped and stepped on.
currently have a T2 and Excal, but the old Safari is my 'Go To' machine for most digs...
I'm thinking back, and every one of my banner finds were recovered while using my Safari.
I DO like the Etrac, and some of the features it has that Safari lacks, but it also has some unnecessary bells and whistles.
IMO, the Safari would be the best machine for a first detector purchase.
Thanks for showing and HH to you! Herbie:hello:

Last edited:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried the pic thing once and basically got called a liar on some of my finds so now its just videos...I did put pics at the end of the video :)
Please ignore the naysayers and include some pix,
members who are 'in the know' will not doubt your finds, the jealousy of beginners and youngsters is usually the driving force behind these shenanigans,
Every member should be familiar with the pinned 'Real/Fake' Topic:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/todays-finds/63507-real-fake.html
HH again, Herbie

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bunch of finds sonofadigger :thumbsup: congrats on the silvers and wheats!!

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Giant056 said:
Great bunch of finds sonofadigger :thumbsup: congrats on the silvers and wheats!!

Thanks im having a blast finding them

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
steelheadwill said:
Well that was a great Park Hunt :)
What was your 'mystery coin', I was gonna guess seated dime, but it looks too big, (and you probably would have included it in the 'cleaned shots')
we didn't get to hear the tone either, looked again at the size, two Cent, three Cent, Nickel ???
Please tell us what it was !!
Safari was my first detector, and out of the many I've bought, used and sold, the only one I've kept.
It's been used and abused, submerged,(in both salt and fresh water, and yes I rehabilitated it properly) dropped and stepped on.
currently have a T2 and Excal, but the old Safari is my 'Go To' machine for most digs...
I'm thinking back, and every one of my banner finds were recovered while using my Safari.
I DO like the Etrac, and some of the features it has that Safari lacks, but it also has some unnecessary bells and whistles.
IMO, the Safari would be the best machine for a first detector purchase.
Thanks for showing and HH to you! Herbie:hello:

thanks alot for the kind words after I basically got called a liar about my finds (you know who you are) I decided to do only videos but for you since you are such a nice person I will do videos and pictures lol and will also record the signal before I dig it up and as for the mystery coin ..... Wait for it ......modern penny :( but still fun

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ha ha I definitely understand now I really enjoy it its extremely easy to use and I also wish it was waterproof that's the one thing I loved about the AT PRO and just for you I'll let her sing on the next hunt

Thanks man...let's hear her sing

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im heading to a park from the 1850's tomorrow its been hammered by other people ive been told but last time i was there i dug some wheats so im hoping there is still some silver there i will be posting a video tomorrow (hopefully) and sunday im heading back to where i got the walkers so im hoping there is still more there too with the safari its like a new spot everytime now

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What if someone accused you of doing some video editing to make them look real? Then where do you go? IMAX screens? LOL

:icon_thumright:

HH!

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What if someone accused you of doing some video editing to make them look real? Then where do you go? IMAX screens? LOL

:icon_thumright:

HH!

good question:laughing7: i guess i would be uploading 5 hour videos of full hunts never turning the camera off and if that dont work i'll just start taking everyone with me lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread