Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This week the good stuff begins. Dumas is working 6 hours / day of pumping to clear the water from the Garden Shaft. Report from the muon detector - a high density anomaly to the southwest of the garden shaft at 230 feet. Aladdin's cave has been imaged by muon tomography.

I'm skeptical that anyone would have gone as deep as 230 feet in the past.
Well, after ten seasons, it’s time for the good stuff

OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week they sent a camera down to get a look inside Aladdin's cave, then mapped with sonar. Dumas is continuing the Garden Shaft down to 95 feet, then go toward the baby blob.

OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
  • Lot 5 now yields a continuous stream of artifacts consistent with a structure which could have been occupied by 16th century treasure depositors.
  • Sensors in Aladdin's cave have measured organic matter, indicating wood there.
  • A new hole drilled into Aladdin's cave to allow for more complete sonar imaging based on its sloping floor.
  • When a video camera descends into Aladdin's cave, it shows a steady current flow. An underground river? Water flowing into the Garden Shaft as it is being pumped out? The predictable water inrush for any shaft on Oak Island? It was interesting that they are proposing a rapid set urethane sealer be applied around the leaky parts of the Garden Shaft. Finally it floods to 30 feet, coincident with floods in the area, although thought to be unrelated to surface flooding! The booby trapped flood tunnel?

It should be a challenge and I hope these guys really know what they're doing. I'm surprised that it took this long to disastrously flood. But the Roger from Dumas said he wasn't expecting anything like that!

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
  • Lot 5 now yields a continuous stream of artifacts consistent with a structure which could have been occupied by 16th century treasure depositors.
  • Sensors in Aladdin's cave have measured organic matter, indicating wood there.
  • A new hole drilled into Aladdin's cave to allow for more complete sonar imaging based on its sloping floor.
  • When a video camera descends into Aladdin's cave, it shows a steady current flow. An underground river? Water flowing into the Garden Shaft as it is being pumped out? The predictable water inrush for any shaft on Oak Island? It was interesting that they are proposing a rapid set urethane sealer be applied around the leaky parts of the Garden Shaft. Finally it floods to 30 feet, coincident with floods in the area, although thought to be unrelated to surface flooding! The booby trapped flood tunnel?

It should be a challenge and I hope these guys really know what they're doing. I'm surprised that it took this long to disastrously flood. But the Roger from Dumas said he wasn't expecting anything like that!
thank god for the dvr. whew.

OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week the swamp was drained and they begin to dig further along the stone road. They find a hand-forged iron chain that could have been used to hoist heavy treasure chests from a ship onto the island.

In the garden shaft, they discover a cavity behind the new walls, and lumber in the cavity. The lumber is likely from the original Garden Shaft construction. They apply the quick-set urethane into the leaking walls but progress is slow. Oak Island seems to be applying the traditional tunnel-busting forces to block exploration. The forces of water are attacking from the sides and bottom.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Could it be from a 16th century structure? That would make it from the 1500's, long before Captain Kidd was alive. This tale just keeps getting sillier and sillier.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Playing devils advocate, just because they found an old chain doesn't mean Captain Kid didn't still leave a treasure there. Granted I wish they wouldn't always say that whatever they just found MIGHT be from the treasure depositors. Happens almost every show seems like.. There is obviously a lot of different stuff being found from a wide range of time periods. No way of knowing which if any of them are from depositors, if there ever was depositors of course..

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The ratings for this drama is sinking faster than a lead weight it seems.
Ranked at #47 last season and now @ #122

Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 8.04.16 AM.png

Though it still ranks #1 on the History (Fake) channel it seems.

Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 8.12.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 8.11.32 AM.png

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great news, pepperj! Maybe they'll finally cancel this series. Enough is enough. Come back when you actually find the treasure.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Playing devils advocate, just because they found an old chain doesn't mean Captain Kid didn't still leave a treasure there. Granted I wish they wouldn't always say that whatever they just found MIGHT be from the treasure depositors. Happens almost every show seems like.. There is obviously a lot of different stuff being found from a wide range of time periods. No way of knowing which if any of them are from depositors, if there ever was depositors of course..
I’m with you on this.

I would like to know who was involved. It seems that Spanish, English, and French all were on the island at one point or another.

I think FDR thought the French jewels were there. That’s why he became involved. I’d love to see what evidence he was presented with prior to him getting involved.

OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now Aladdin's cave has apparently collapsed from all the vertical drilling. They may have to sink a caisson to explore the contents on the floor if the Garden Shaft doesn't offer access. The Garden Shaft recovery schedule extends into fall before they can make meaningful progress, so nothing to report immediately except that a company is planning to come to continue waterproofing the walls.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to know who was involved. It seems that Spanish, English, and French all were on the island at one point or another.

That may be true, but don't base it on the alleged coins they've found there. I've found Spanish reales from the 1700's here in RI, but they weren't lost by Spanish visitors! Same for all the British King George coppers I've found. Lost by American farmers, not invading British soldiers!

Bottom line, just because they found a Chinese coin doesn't mean the island was visited by anyone from China! They're grasping at straws trying to keep this futile search interesting, but they're doing it at the expense of the truth.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That may be true, but don't base it on the alleged coins they've found there. I've found Spanish reales from the 1700's here in RI, but they weren't lost by Spanish visitors! Same for all the British King George coppers I've found. Lost by American farmers, not invading British soldiers!

Bottom line, just because they found a Chinese coin doesn't mean the island was visited by anyone from China! They're grasping at straws trying to keep this futile search interesting, but they're doing it at the expense of the truth.
I’m not talking about coins. I was referring mainly to the vast amount of military related relics they’ve found.

OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now Minova Global has arrived to seal off the walls of the Garden Shaft using GeoFoam. They also drill an exploratory shaft near a muon-detected anomaly. Possibly in the direction of the elusive Chappell Vault. They find cobble at 118 feet - stones of the original flood tunnel?

OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week, the legendary Chappell Vault remains elusive, however they did find a section of ancient skinny drill pipe of the type likely used by William Chappell. Still doing maintenance work on the Garden Shaft.

Anzac

Jan 29, 2024
I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that the writers of Oak Island were also writers on the TV show Lost.

The whole started off a bit intriguing but then dragged on and on and on to a yawn fest seems reflective of both shows.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread