Season 11

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that the writers of Oak Island were also writers on the TV show Lost.

The whole started off a bit intriguing but then dragged on and on and on to a yawn fest seems reflective of both shows.
You might be right. I thought they were tied in with the show Monster Quest. Neither show ever finds anything important.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You might be right. I thought they were tied in with the show Monster Quest. Neither show ever finds anything important.
Then why do you continue to watch? Have you ever built a stone road ? For no reason on an island .....i didn't think so..... I built a 60 yard long driveway and it TOOK months..and I had a case backhoe and loader.... NOBODY WOULD EVER BUILD ROADS LIKE THAT FOR NOTHING...

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Then why do you continue to watch? Have you ever built a stone road ? For no reason on an island .....i didn't think so..... I built a 60 yard long driveway and it TOOK months..and I had a case backhoe and loader.... NOBODY WOULD EVER BUILD ROADS LIKE THAT FOR NOTHING...
I watched Gilligan’s Island too, but only for comedy relief. Oak Island is a cash cow of the Laginas. Entertaining. Maybe they’ll find Bigfoot in Nova Scotia. That would really be cool. Maybe Monster Quest can do a cross-over show?!
Believe what you like and I will too.
We don’t have to agree, in order to enjoy tv.☮️

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
They may get some money from the show, but there is no way they are getting enough to cover that massive machinery. Just a little Bob-Cat is about $1K a day.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
They may get some money from the show, but there is no way they are getting enough to cover that massive machinery. Just a little Bob-Cat is about $1K a day.
Then they are the unluckiest people in history at finding things and the luckiest at getting bankrolled by advertisers. I had friends who believed in professional wrestling too.
“Who would put up with that much pain, blah, blah, blah.” Leginas just don’t wear speedos and capes. (Yet)😆

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
J.Steele's explanation explains the road. OI was a naval stores operation back in the day. NO ONE burring treasure builds stone roads to there secret treasure stash....

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are not personally paying for this stuff. Do you honestly believe that Marty and Rick and sinking millions of dollars of there own money into and endless quest to dig up about a 60 square foot area of ground on the hope that they have missed a massive treasure buried there?

Joecoins

Mar 21, 2016
PEI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To describe that show,
"The cringe is most delectable "
(demons-rick and morty)

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are not personally paying for this stuff. Do you honestly believe that Marty and Rick and sinking millions of dollars of there own money into and endless quest to dig up about a 60 square foot area of ground on the hope that they have missed a massive treasure buried there?
The first 4-5 years they owned the island which cost them millions to begin with they did pay out of pocket for it. The show started after all that. Now half their families are getting a paycheck from the show. Most are also listed as Producers as well. They all have contracts that pay per year regardless of how many episodes they are on. Most are on every episode. Couple of the nephews aren't here and there..

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO ONE burring treasure builds stone roads to there secret treasure stash....
It's also likely that no one would stash a secret treasure in a place as obvious as the Money Pit. If there's a treasure on Oak island then it's surely somewhere else!

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's also likely that no one would stash a secret treasure in a place as obvious as the Money Pit. If there's a treasure on Oak island then it's surely somewhere else!
It was buried somewhere else and found a long time back.

OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No caissons to be sunk this year for safety to avoid disturbing the Garden Shaft work. They will concentrate instead on exploring the Garden Shaft, saving the 10 foot caissons for next year - season 12. Spoiler: After Garden Shaft exploration resumes, they find wood at the bottom of the Garden Shaft - the mystery tunnel!

CaptainChance

Aug 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ and Worldwide
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've degraded to recording the series, then watching later so I can fast forward past the swamp and old housing projects that are incredibly boring. This show has to be barely handing on. They keep hitting natural caverns (water-filled caves) in the ground that are found throughout the region according to outside geology reports that can be fond online. They keep finding junk in the swamp that is from six hundred years of shipwreck debris in the Atlantic that naturally wash ashore from the southern ocean flow and hurricanes. They completely avoid mentioning the Dunfield Dig in the 1960's that completely mixed up the ground like a blender. Until they move forward with an adult solution, like an open pit, I'll just keep recording and fast-forwarding.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You realize that any equipment where you see a name is gratis for the advertisement

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the terrain in that area just filled with rocks. There are tons and tons of rocks around there and it took probably thousands to build the stone road. Let alone anytime they dig they find more rocks like that in various sizes.. Except in the money pit area it seems like, which most of it has been dug and back filled in over time..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread