Season 2. Episode 1 of my video series.

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I enjoy your videos alot. Thanks very much for posting them. They always bring on a fever.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Astro,
Great to see you out working and getting some reasonable gold for your area. Are you using a Bazooka Gold Trap? The best pan I've gotten lately was the one I used for dinner. No Gold but the food tasted good...........63bkpkr

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No need to use a mag-glass. Gold is big and easy to see! Tnx, friend. TTC

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Video! Looking forward to the next one.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good stuff. Do you ever show your techniques for final gold separation? How about weighing your results?

Mine it and recycle it!

OP
OP
Astrobouncer

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Thanks guys for the comments, glad you enjoyed it the next one is gonna be better and longer. In fact we filmed most of episode 2 already I am just going through the cons now so gotta finish that up, and waiting for some con pics from the guys that were there.

Hi Astro,
Are you using a Bazooka Gold Trap?

Not in this video, I used my DIY double flared fluid build I posted awhile back. Its pretty much a similar design to a bazooka as a fluid bed except it has a much stronger fluidization chamber so the concentrate that is created is much heavier. No blond sands in mine unlike the bazooka. It also self classifies down to about 6 mesh and has 3 smaller tapered chambers which are both reasons I can keep the gangue moving out easier. Also the flared water inlet underneath is a radical design compared to the bazooka and lets a stronger current fluidized the chambers.

@Kevin, I just classify to all the different mesh sizes and pan each out (in a smooth sided pan) for my basic cleanup. I save all the panned material and resluice it later. Nothing fancy there so haven't really done a video on it. I do have my miller table but rarely use it since I like panning out the cons. I sometimes post a pic of a picker or small nugget on the scale but that's about as far as I want to take that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread