Season 4

The thing I liked about John Chatterton was that he was very conservative with his estimates and results. He never gave false hope. With the PHD lady last week I just felt that she was way too enthusiastic about the whole process.

Spot on! Chat was about the best 3rd party brought in to do something. He told it like it is! He bummed them out with the "yea I moved that rock" and then it was gone... surprised they brought him back. The guy who said the square was a box from the sonar didn't get called back. They want yes men & women.

The Titanic is in freely circulating salt water, exposed to Rust-Eating bacteria, and appears to be melting away.

New Species of Rust-Eating Bacteria Destroying the Titanic

I saw that. They were eating the ship away! Like a buffet! Don't think that much will be left in another 100 years. Good thing none of that bacteria got into the MP. Imagine what they would have done to that 200+ year old treasure chest strap/hinge/corner bracket that was in pristine condition? It might have not been so shiny! :laughing7:

Thanks for picking up on that inconsistency... What really frustrates me is that they once again brought on the descendants and found 'some' corroborative evidence for their story and just decided to ignore it completely... Why do they not investigate properly. There is meant to be more remains left including gold coins and a gold nugget. At least the coins should be fairly easy to date and determine where they originally come from... They never mention the three chests that Fred found in the swamp that may be the same ones the descendants mention. Do these still exist? Fred did not seem like the type of guy to throw the stuff he found away...

They will investigate any loonies theory that has treasure still there but ignore anyone that suggests that treasure is not still there...
I was always very sus on the cross..and then when they brought them back. Did the ashes and stuff. And the lady apprasied it like that. I was like aye hang on a min.
Pretty sure they must have just done it for morals to the mcginnus family.
But. If they have went to that effort for that. It boggles the mind what else they may have done to mislead us

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

So i have a theory of the metal in gal1.
Looking at the bolts and angle iron.
I wonder if that could be simply just reinforcments used in the original searcher tunnels. For the uprights of the shaft

So i have a theory of the metal in gal1.
Looking at the bolts and angle iron.
I wonder if that could be simply just reinforcments used in the original searcher tunnels. For the uprights of the shaft
I would place my wager that they are remnants of the cave in that earlier searchers reported when they felt the tremor under the ground (the Truo group I think). They could also be remenants of a naval stores operation as suggested by J.Steele.

I would bet a fair size bet they are not the remnants of a treasure chest full of treasure....

I would place my wager that they are remnants of the cave in that earlier searchers reported when they felt the tremor under the ground (the Truo group I think). They could also be remenants of a naval stores operation as suggested by J.Steele.

I would bet a fair size bet they are not the remnants of a treasure chest full of treasure....
Thats my thinking. Way to heavy duty and modern. Plus with that size gauge of iron and bolts. Imagine trying to carry a box that size into a cave. Just wouldnt happen. Would be like moving a lounge upstairs on your own

Maybe there is not any of the "Rust-Eating bacteria" underground of OI and even if there is it takes 100's and 100's of years to completely dissolve some items. That was my reason of the Titanic... The OI metal items are buried in dirt and not fully exposed to the water and Rust-Eating bacteria which would help it to last even longer. Moving a treasure chest would be the easy part "IF" someone dug the money pit to put it in.. or tunneled in to place it there. Plus again "IF" there was a treasure chest we don't know how big it was but still moving it would be the easy part of this project...

"IF" there was a treasure chest we don't know how big it was but still moving it would be the easy part of this project...
Ha ha... You are quite right.... After the trouble of digging a 170ft+ hole and a 500ft+ flood tunnel. Moving multiple tonnes of stone to build the beach. making the coffer dam.... Moving the chest would be the easy bit no matter how big it was.....:laughing7:

From what I could tell from the size of the bolts, they were not long enough for metal-over-wood construction. Whatever it was, it was metal plate lapped over metal plate and bolted together. Probably dropped down the shaft a piece at a time and erected underground.

My guess is either reinforcement for a searcher tunnel, or a steel box used to lower men/equipment into the shaft.

From what I could tell from the size of the bolts, they were not long enough for metal-over-wood construction. Whatever it was, it was metal plate lapped over metal plate and bolted together. Probably dropped down the shaft a piece at a time and erected underground.

My guess is either reinforcement for a searcher tunnel, or a steel box used to lower men/equipment into the shaft.

That, or part of a rail cart.

I am open to that, but I honestly think they would have pulled up some rail by now.

Nice to meet you as well.

She's not sticking out her neck or risking her career. She is a Dr. of Art History. No one asked her anything art related on the show. And, by her website, the History Channel employs her services repeatedly and I am sure they will continue to. And probably not many of her "peers" watched the show, anyway. Haven't heard where she stood with them before it aired. ;-)

Friends of ours have two daughters who majored in art history. One has a masters, one a doctorate. Pleasant enough women but they wouldn't know much archaeology, anthropology or British field gear of the 18th century. But they could design you a nice living room, or tell you who painted which and in what style.

WELL, if it's a matter of her actually qualifications, that I can't argue about. I just didn't see good reason to think she was being disingenuous. Still the idea of her being unqualified to identify objects of antiquities seems to clash with the claimed 20,000+ items she appraises annually. Still I guess we have to take even that figure with a grain of salt.

First search "Art Gallery"

Then search "Museum"

Then search for "Archaeological Degree"

And you might see the difference.....

As far as the "Lets Try Some Google Searches"........ it sounds like you are quite founded in the educational background of a completely random person.

Almost as if you work for her.....or the channel perpetrating this front....

I wish I worked for them! Actually I think I'd rather work for Irving construction...

No I was fairly dubious of the doctor too, so I started Googl'ing her before the episode was even over.

Like this guy?

View attachment 1418181

What new faces......

great to meet you

I've never seen that guy on the show!

I was talking about guys like this...
ufohunters-bill-birnes_475x240-e1302469131755.jpg

c2EcB7u.png

I also found problem with the carbon dating though. That was a pretty wide margin. In the end even if it does date back to 1650, it only really proves an extensive project.

The issue I have with it being a rail-road spike... Where are the rails? Where are the ties? I guess Dunfield would have probably annihilated any over-ground evidence of them ( i.e. flat leveled ground ) with his excavation, but surely there should be some kind of evidence of a rail system underground. Did any of the search expeditions report using rails? It's like finding shoe-laces without the shoe. I think the simplest explanation would be that modern searchers were using railroad spikes, a commonly accessible and reproduced item, in their own construction of shafts and what not.

I am more interested in the mystery of the whole story than the idea of treasure being there. I've seen the research and studies to suggest it's all simply a natural phenomena, but of those theories none of them have really satisfied me with the amount of proof they offer either. The only piece of research that has any actual evidence of natural underground formations is the 1995 Woodshole Oceanographic Institute's study, but that doesn't necessarily indicate an absence of man-made flood tunnels either. Otherwise, even a "geologist" like Dunfield was just making guesses when concluding the flooding and tunnels were natural.

I would find it a really funny and ironic story that someone thought there was treasure there and then men have been chasing each other's tails for two centuries, but I think there's enough evidence to conclude that there was human presence on the island in time periods where there shouldn't have been. I like the theory of it being from a British military installation, but then what about the Spanish artifacts? Blankenship claims to have found a pair of wrought-iron scissors and low-carbon piece of steel dated from the 1600s, so that predates the time period the British were speculated to have been there. Then there was the Spanish coin in the swamp. If it wasn't planted by the production crew, where did that come from?

WELL, if it's a matter of her actually qualifications, that I can't argue about. I just didn't see good reason to think she was being disingenuous. Still the idea of her being unqualified to identify objects of antiquities seems to clash with the claimed 20,000+ items she appraises annually. Still I guess we have to take even that figure with a grain of salt.

I wish I worked for them! Actually I think I'd rather work for Irving construction...

No I was fairly dubious of the doctor too, so I started Googl'ing her before the episode was even over.

I've never seen that guy on the show!

I also found problem with the carbon dating though. That was a pretty wide margin. In the end even if it does date back to 1650, it only really proves an extensive project.

The issue I have with it being a rail-road spike... Where are the rails? Where are the ties? I guess Dunfield would have probably annihilated any over-ground evidence of them ( i.e. flat leveled ground ) with his excavation, but surely there should be some kind of evidence of a rail system underground. Did any of the search expeditions report using rails? It's like finding shoe-laces without the shoe. I think the simplest explanation would be that modern searchers were using railroad spikes, a commonly accessible and reproduced item, in their own construction of shafts and what not.

I am more interested in the mystery of the whole story than the idea of treasure being there. I've seen the research and studies to suggest it's all simply a natural phenomena, but of those theories none of them have really satisfied me with the amount of proof they offer either. The only piece of research that has any actual evidence of natural underground formations is the 1995 Woodshole Oceanographic Institute's study, but that doesn't necessarily indicate an absence of man-made flood tunnels either. Otherwise, even a "geologist" like Dunfield was just making guesses when concluding the flooding and tunnels were natural.

I would find it a really funny and ironic story that someone thought there was treasure there and then men have been chasing each other's tails for two centuries, but I think there's enough evidence to conclude that there was human presence on the island in time periods where there shouldn't have been. I like the theory of it being from a British military installation, but then what about the Spanish artifacts? Blankenship claims to have found a pair of wrought-iron scissors and low-carbon piece of steel dated from the 1600s, so that predates the time period the British were speculated to have been there. Then there was the Spanish coin in the swamp. If it wasn't planted by the production crew, where did that come from?

The problem on these Oak Island threads is that those opposed to almost everything believe the Laginas continually lie about their research, such as their SEM identification of the coconut fibre, which has been dated to about 1250 ad. In Michigan they have an outstanding reputation and while mistakes may have been made lying was not among them.

Cheers, Loki

The problem on these Oak Island threads is that those opposed to almost everything believe the Laginas continually lie about their research, such as their SEM identification of the coconut fibre, which has been dated to about 1250 ad. In Michigan they have an outstanding reputation and while mistakes may have been made lying was not among them.

Cheers, Loki

I believe that the show is very selective about the information that they reveal, preferring data that indicates that there is some mystery on OI over any other option. I also believe that Prometheus makes such decisions, and not the Laginas. It's a 'reality' TV show, created by the same people that brought us such credible 'science based' programming as Ancient Aliens. I doubt any fact they put forth.

I believe that the show is very selective about the information that they reveal, preferring data that indicates that there is some mystery on OI over any other option. I also believe that Prometheus makes such decisions, and not the Laginas. It's a 'reality' TV show, created by the same people that brought us such credible 'science based' programming as Ancient Aliens. I doubt any fact they put forth.

Part of that statement could very well be true but my point is that the Laginas are not liars and are not privy to any known lies as many on these threads seem to think.

Cheers, Loki

Ha ha... You are quite right.... After the trouble of digging a 170ft+ hole and a 500ft+ flood tunnel. Moving multiple tonnes of stone to build the beach. making the coffer dam.... Moving the chest would be the easy bit no matter how big it was.....:laughing7:

That would make a good Templar Bud Light commercial. Think half time at the Super Bowl!!

Hey guys, I want you to dig a 170ft+ hole and a 500ft+ flood tunnel... then move multiple tonnes of stone and build the beach... next make a coffer dam.... We are done, you want us to put these 7'x7'x7' treasure chest way down at the bottom?
:occasion14:

That, or part of a rail cart.

I am open to that, but I honestly think they would have pulled up some rail by now.

I am looking for it, don't remember where I read it, but at one point they had a small rail setup on OI to help move dirt from MP digs to another part of the island for at least one or more of the previous digs. That would totally explain a rail spike, I mean Spanish Decking Nail, in the swamp.

I am looking for it, don't remember where I read it, but at one point they had a small rail setup on OI to help move dirt from MP digs to another part of the island for at least one or more of the previous digs. That would totally explain a rail spike, I mean Spanish Decking Nail, in the swamp.
Dont forget the island was mined for years for tons of pyrite. There was shafts and tunnels dug all over

16864472_10155624554497069_1879376757479542586_n.jpg

From the 1930's I believe.

Dont forget the island was mined for years for tons of pyrite. There was shafts and tunnels dug all over
Are you sure about this? Do you have a reference to support this? I can find no reference to support that OI was mined for pyrite.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back