OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The diver could confirm a "Plate" by feel, or part of the shape of what is likely to be an old engine block or excavation bucket. The I-Beam test seems to rule out the "old drill bit" theory. If the diver feels an attachment point, they could winch the whole thing out, possibly while raising the caisson.

It's quite a reach to imagine that they could safely manipulate an underwater cutting torch by feel, but bringing up a sample for analysis would be helpful.
I do not know if knowing what hunk of old steel they have found will be of any use. It is way to shallow to be anything other then a remnant of previous searchers efforts (75 or so foot). To have ripped the teeth of like that it must be pretty big. I do not really see the point in trying to remove it in that this area must of been dug before in order for it to be there so it is not the "undiscovered" money pit...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes there have been lots of "metal" objects used on the island, furnaces, digging devices, pumps, etc. Most of these would not be thick steel other then possibly the claw in that pic. Any of those items "should" not stop their drill casing, and or their heavy battering ram thingy.. Most bracing walls back then were made out of wood... Not saying there is a 3'' x 4' x 8' piece of steel plate down there and or that their couldn't be from what ever reason... I doubt there was much of that type plate used on the island over the years, and only that might would stop their digging machine. A furnace would not do it as it would break apart. Granted it could be a long steel I-beam of some sort that is laying cross ways thru their path which would maybe knock off their teeth, and their big grabber might not be able to grab it and even if it did it would not be able to pull it up as it would hit the bottom of their casing..
What about all the railroad tracks etc Who knows it could be one of the old rail cars...

Oak-Island-rail-car.jpg

Or as a previous poster said and old engine block... There have been so many searchers, so much metal..

Look at the size of the hole Dunfeild dug

buc1.jpg

And then just bulldozed everything that was lying around back into it when he finished....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1553714

My theory states there is no way you will drill past all the "Metal Debris" the "Freemasons" placed at the bottom of the "Money Pit"!

Steel (especially old steel) is no match for cutting torches or any modern cutting tool technology. In 5minutes they would be thru to the nothingness that is there.

You did bring up a good point however as the brothers can use the excuse you state above to end the show by saying, “we found the treasure but we couldn’t cut thru the steel to get to it” and then they can move on to civil war gold...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just read this and it made me feel pretty sure we will see nothing of significance this season
(On that note, Producer Kevin Burns is actually on record saying he thinks Oak Island could easily go for a decade. If we take Burns at his word, then, the upcoming finale merely marks show’s overall the halfway point.)

source: Curse of Oak Island news: Season 5 finale spoilers give Season 6 clues

It seems they will keep making this garbage television dressed up as a treasure show for a few more seasons as long as they can pull ratings. They have given up on finding any actual treasure it appears....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about all the railroad tracks etc Who knows it could be one of the old rail cars...

View attachment 1553820

Or as a previous poster said and old engine block... There have been so many searchers, so much metal..

Look at the size of the hole Dunfeild dug

View attachment 1553821

And then just bulldozed everything that was lying around back into it when he finished....

I'm just saying anything like a rail car used to haul dirt away would probably not be strong enough to keep their drill casing from going right thru enough parts of it to tear it up. Along with most anything down there. A piece of steel rail track laying cross ways might do it as with the steel I-beam I mentioned would probably do it.. Most items they would have been using over the years other then those 2 items listed would not be made out of thick solid steel, so they should be able to drill thru it with their huge machine and or bust it up with their heavy hammer thing... Granted maybe someone did have some solid thick piece of steel to use for wall bracing but how the heck did they put them in place... Everyone assumes they each time a search group left they just pushed every tool, furnace, pump, plate etc in the hole but not much metal has been found actually. There has been some but to hear everyone say that you'd think they be finding all kinds of chunks of metal. I say that to say I don't think that most past searchers did that. Any old wood probably was as it probably couldn't be used else where for much of anything... and anything already down a shaft would probably be left of course.. Doesn't appear they just tossed in every old pump, furnace, tool, metal bracing etc... as it hasn't been found like all the wood pieces...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also everyone keeps showing that picture with Dan and Robert down in the hole. Does anyone have a picture from above to see just how big the area they were digging was. I know they claim to have dug a 150' diameter hole down whatever depth ( can't remember right now ) but if it looks like that pick above they missed a lot of area.. Of the 150' diameter was just the middle 25' down to that depth? If so how were they keep their location zeroed in to the actual money pit spot.

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just saying anything like a rail car used to haul dirt away would probably not be strong enough to keep their drill casing from going right thru enough parts of it to tear it up. Along with most anything down there. A piece of steel rail track laying cross ways might do it as with the steel I-beam I mentioned would probably do it.. Most items they would have been using over the years other then those 2 items listed would not be made out of thick solid steel, so they should be able to drill thru it with their huge machine and or bust it up with their heavy hammer thing... Granted maybe someone did have some solid thick piece of steel to use for wall bracing but how the heck did they put them in place... Everyone assumes they each time a search group left they just pushed every tool, furnace, pump, plate etc in the hole but not much metal has been found actually. There has been some but to hear everyone say that you'd think they be finding all kinds of chunks of metal. I say that to say I don't think that most past searchers did that. Any old wood probably was as it probably couldn't be used else where for much of anything... and anything already down a shaft would probably be left of course.. Doesn't appear they just tossed in every old pump, furnace, tool, metal bracing etc... as it hasn't been found like all the wood pieces...

Do Railroads have Spaaaaakes?

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not know if knowing what hunk of old steel they have found will be of any use. It is way to shallow to be anything other then a remnant of previous searchers efforts (75 or so foot). To have ripped the teeth of like that it must be pretty big. I do not really see the point in trying to remove it in that this area must of been dug before in order for it to be there so it is not the "undiscovered" money pit...
If its metal and large enough to remove teeth from the caisson, the dual induction metal detector should have picked it up when they ran it down the 6" drill casings. I believe the teeth were : 1. Not installed correctly or 2. no new teeth were installed before starting the hole. Dull teeth will stop on a dog turd.

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its metal and large enough to remove teeth from the caisson, the dual induction metal detector should have picked it up when they ran it down the 6" drill casings. I believe the teeth were : 1. Not installed correctly or 2. no new teeth were installed before starting the hole. Dull teeth will stop on a dog turd.

Are you saying there was sabatoge? Could the drillers actually be freemasons? Could this be the treasure vault just a foot away?

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So let's say they used dull teeth and got ground off by the rock(s) seen by the camera. Would such a rock block the hammer that was sent down later?

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not know if knowing what hunk of old steel they have found will be of any use. It is way to shallow to be anything other then a remnant of previous searchers efforts (75 or so foot).

If they grab a piece it can be verified as 18th+ century, 12th century type of material, or something used by the aliens, which will direct the next action - retrieve or abandon.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure the show producers, the brothers and everyone involved has seen every picture they can find. It is a show remember and just like true story movies they take liberties to make it more interesting to the general public. Keep in mind that 90% or more of the viewers have never read anything else about the island treasure hunt. The only thing they know is what they see on the show. Sad but true.. I doubt Marty would be wasting his time on the show just to make a few bucks off it when he has an Energy Company and a Vineyard to keep him occupied... Rick yes, he has nothing better to do as he is retired... They supposedly spent 7 million dollars to have the rights and permits to start searching before the show was even aired. So assuming the show money pays for each years "adventure" I could see Marty trying to get their initial investment back thru the show some how, but you know all the people helping are not doing it for free ( other then family which are being paid by the show so I can see them wanting to milk this for all they can ) and all the different drilling companies may have done their part for a cheaper rate to get the free publicity off the show, it still would not be cheap...

I said all that to say I don't think the brothers are making alot of money off the show.. Some of the family yes as they have nothing invested like Marty and Greg Tester....

Their net worth today is only $2.5 Million together so how did they spend $7 Million to get rights on the Island. I do believe treasure is located there on the Island and I believe they will recover it, if they have not already and waiting for the film to be released.

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their net worth today is only $2.5 Million together so how did they spend $7 Million to get rights on the Island. I do believe treasure is located there on the Island and I believe they will recover it, if they have not already and waiting for the film to be released.
Marty's net worth is over $40 million.

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The next 2 episodes, which are likely the last of the season, are titled "Seeing Red" (likely for the piece of jewelry found) and "Forever Family". Doesn't appear like they'll be hitting the motherload.

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they grab a piece it can be verified as 18th+ century, 12th century type of material, or something used by the aliens, which will direct the next action - retrieve or abandon.

This might knock some teeth off.

Buried_Ship.jpg

HERE'S WHAT GETS ME...
If the lead cross contained any gold, all they need to do is calculate the volume of the cross against the weight of gold and lead.
Gold is much heavier than lead and it frustrates me they only speculate. All you need is a beaker to measure water displacement and a scale.

Your Bud Aurum

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All crosses are similar....
That is why they are called crosses.. The claim that the Laginas make that it is virtually identical is the BS here

View attachment 1553815

This looks simply like a case on Confirmation bias

Confirmation bias, also called confirmatory bias or myside bias, is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses.

To me the cross and the fingernail/teeth carving only look vaguely similar....

Crosses are not all similar... you have variations and some these variations have "meanings"... For example, we have some crosses that are "inverted" and are related with atheists in XVIII century. You have the crosses from the "Order of Christ" used by Portuguese navigators, that are unique, and identifies the Order that was formed in Portugal by European fugitives and portuguese Templars under the protection of the portuguese King (they change the name from Templars to Order of Christ to escape from Pope and French persecutions).

If you say that all crosses are equal, so you don't know nothing about history...

The carved cross in France it's different because have a "head" on the top, down to the left side, and open arms... It's different from other crosses carved, and if it's different it's because have a meaning (we just don't know the meaning for now).
The cross found on OI, it's different from usual crosses, because have a "head" on the top, down to the left side, and open arms... It's different from other crosses that people carry on past times, and if it's different it's because have a meaning (we just don't know the meaning for now).

This can be a coincidence... or not... If you have 2 special exceptions it's normal to try to relate them (but can be a coincidence anyway)...

NOW, we have another cross, carved in a cave associated with Templars, that have a "head" on the top, down to the left side, and open arms...
AGAIN, This can be a coincidence, or not... the carved cross in Royston it's very similar to the French cross... this is an evidence...

What all of these means? I don't know... But I'm 100% sure that all crosses have a special meaning (probably the same meaning), but this don't mean that all are related.

My opinion (and it's just an opinion) the cross with head means the crucifixion of Christ like it's usual on the churches altars. Christians usually pray in front of these crosses (on them knees)... So I think that these carved crosses are representations of altars (like a diy altar to pray). The OI cross, can represent the same, being like a "portable altar" for explorers that want to pray in places where are no churches)... My "theory" indicates that all crosses have the same meaning (explain why are all similar), but not related...

The best
Ricardo

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The next 2 episodes, which are likely the last of the season, are titled "Seeing Red" (likely for the piece of jewelry found) and "Forever Family". Doesn't appear like they'll be hitting the motherload.
Here is a pic of the jewel found and where it actually came from ... Ricky Restall's cowboy gun set guns.jpg ruby red.jpg

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't know Marty's and Greg Testers net worth but guessing it is way more then 2.5 million...Rick supposedly retired from the Post Office and don't know what position he held there so I have no clue as to his net worth.. I got the 7 million figure from what I have read in a few different places when the show first started. I can't say that is a fact of course just what I read..

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finally got caught up with the episodes and threads. Good reading here. Almost spit out my coffee on gr88bd's post above. Too funny!

* Cross is def Templar cause Red hair lady said so and Alex confirmed it with the pic he handed her.
* Metal plate is blocking the 6' caisson at 75' so this is def the vault or treasure... not that last week the vault had concrete on it and was 150+' down... after time, concrete can turn into steel. it's true!
* Gary found a lock plate in a field so the chest must be here too. Odd how they mentioned Fred had located at least 11 spots he believed someone had dug and unearthed treasure. Show us the spots!
* Diver down the new hole... what is he gonna do? Water will be so murky from the mud he wont see anything.
I think the big find is just around the corner!

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a pic of the jewel found and where it actually came from ... Ricky Restall's cowboy gun set View attachment 1553949 View attachment 1553950

Very interesting! Gary will likely say that it's clearly from the 12th century and that hand guns were created by the Templars centuries before anyone else did.

My worry with the "Forever Family" episode title is that Rick and Marty will likely part ways at the end of the season. Marty will join the civil war gold show, while Rick will stay back and continue with his Oak Island search. With Rick in charge next season, get ready for 8 straight episodes where the team re-explores Hole 10X.

As others have mentioned, the whole Templar angle was started after the team found nothing in the 40 test holes and drill shaft H-8. At that point the producers decided to introduce the Templar story and the cross to keep the audience engaged, while they picked another drill shaft out of thin air as a distraction. Heck, the only reason the new spot was chosen was because Craig Tester assumed the mysterious Chapel Vault was pushed due SE at a 70 degree angle. Even if the shaft did exist, how in the world would anyone know which direction it got pushed to. If they truly believed this occurred, they would've done a few additional test holes to mark its actual location. Also, in past seasons, any obstruction encountered during drilling is resolved within 1 or 2 episodes maximum. They have been dragging this metal plate thing for several episodes now because they have nothing else to show in the money pit area.

The producers were smart enough to know that 2 human bones found in test hole H-8 would not carry the entire season. I truly believe the last 8 or so episodes have all been smoke and mirrors. Whatever happened to the stake Rick found in the swamp? Did the show all of a sudden lose their contract with the testing facility?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread