Season 5

hoot

Tenderfoot
Apr 25, 2011
licking co. ohio
Detector(s) used
whites
I was just reading some other threads and went looking for pics of " Medieval lead Crosses"

A Google image search https://www.google.com.hk/search?rl.......0...1c..64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.bah0DYt_20M

Shows nothing that even looks anything like the Lagians piece of lead. Except https://i.ytimg.com/vi/l2qjXLslGUk/maxresdefault.jpg :laughing7:

But what is also interesting is that NONE of the holes look anything like the one in Lagians lead sinker either...

the next time they show the cross in the castle , and you know they will . I think it looks more like a person with their arms spread out . like they are hanging on a cross .

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure they had access to more then just finger nails and teeth. That should be a given. Not sure why everyone is making a big deal out of. One of the many liberties the show took to make it sound more elaborate for TV...

The tour guide made it clear that they were made with teeth and fingernails so it must be true...

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the next time they show the cross in the castle , and you know they will . I think it looks more like a person with their arms spread out . like they are hanging on a cross .

Next Time?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think in this era we're just seeing way too much exploitation by those seeking personal gain of some sort. In all of this existing and growing clutter it's just become too difficult for most to separate actual facts from all of the other clutter, which unfortunately, has been manipulated and passed off as if it were fact. When I watch the History Channel these days, per example, I'm not even sure how they can call it The History Channel anymore given that it too has pretty much resigned to endorsing any and all manner of pure none-sense. It's sad that it has come to this.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Season 8 " Boom baby "
Sees the nutty crew of Myopic Misfits using Tactical Nukes in the Money Pit !
And to that the Sappy Narrator mumbles WTF !
They still find nothing...Dave B. sobers up for a week .

Last edited:

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was having some fun with the calculations of whether a wrought iron stove could withstand the impact from a 4 ton chisel @66 ton impact. I'm leaning toward the object at the bottom of the shaft being steel - a structural member or an old engine block.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I can't believe how volatile this issue is.

It would be nice if we broke it down into sections so we can debate one point at a time without being sidetracked. Some examples would be:

Original story
is something buried
who buried it

IMO, it keeps coming back to the original story doesn't it? I think it has been proven somewhat true. They found charcoal, parchment, bone fragments, clay, coconut fiber(on the beach), as well as other items.

To me, im concerned about the original story. Regardless of what was there(or is there), before the original story, there was a pit dug, somebody dug it, and there is proof they did(providing you believe the show(which I do)).

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the original story, there was a pit dug, somebody dug it, and there is proof they did(providing you believe the show(which I do)).
if you believe the descendats story the 3 guys who first dug under the tree found three small chests at 10ft... Everyone after that has just been digging a bigger hole in the hope that someone missed some treasure....

There is ZERO credible evidence that anyone other then the treasure searchers have dug any deeper than that.

The most probable explanation in my view is that the area is a sink hole. That an earthquake broke the top of one of those massive underwater cavities and some soil liquiduifcaction occurred. The water come up to replace the soil. The surface soil sunk a bit. When the treasure searchers dug down to where the water had come up from those underground cavities the pit flooded. Every other hole has just been flooded by the same water source ie from the underground caves.

The is ZERO evidence of flood tunnels. The timber found in the hole was just fallen limbs of the tree that had sunk down in the sink hole.

Joy Steele in her book believes the original pit was a pine tar Kiln originally and this can explain the charcoal etc... She also thinks there was a sink hole/cave in was involved and the water came form below ground.

I do not understand how anyone can still believe in the flood tunnel speculation in that zero evidence of these has been found. Every hole that get dug has flooded....

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I think is funny is that the naysayers "probability, speculation and theories" apparently do not require the same burden of proof as the "believers".

I see no credible evidence, only opinions.

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe how volatile this issue is.

It would be nice if we broke it down into sections so we can debate one point at a time without being sidetracked. Some examples would be:

Original story
is something buried
who buried it

IMO, it keeps coming back to the original story doesn't it? I think it has been proven somewhat true. They found charcoal, parchment, bone fragments, clay, coconut fiber(on the beach), as well as other items.

To me, im concerned about the original story. Regardless of what was there(or is there), before the original story, there was a pit dug, somebody dug it, and there is proof they did(providing you believe the show(which I do)).

Wait......you actually believe the show?......I mean.....it’s a great factual show and they will actually dig up the templar treasure, Ark of the Covenant and all. I’ve also got a treasure site I found that contains the last known shipment of confederate gold.....I just need a some donations to reach the treasure .....please send lots of cash ASAP and I’ll cut you in for 20%.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I think is funny is that the naysayers "probability, speculation and theories" apparently do not require the same burden of proof as the "believers".

Well, you're cind of missing the obvious. You see, when there is absolutely ZERO supporting evidence to all of these true believer claims and speculations it does, in fact, give all the naysayers that burden proof which you are missing. You see, when neither side of the debate can actually turn up any factual evidence to debate there is no actual subject in existence.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am quite stunned.. I did not think there could be anyone left who has watched the show who still believes that there is treasure buried at below 170+ foot. Please share what evidence/reasons you still think this.

I am very interested....

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My opinion of what is or isn't there isn't what my post is about and not the point.

You all have no evidence to support what you claim to be truth and facts. Your point of view is more speculation than the believers.

You all basically are calling everyone involved in Oak Island since the 3 boys found the pit liars and/or planters of finds.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tour guide made it clear that they were made with teeth and fingernails so it must be true...
In addition to this claim
Village of Domme, France, where they meet with Templar expert Jerry Glover. Glover takes the treasure hunters to the town’s fortress, where a number of Templar knights were imprisoned following the suppression of their Order in 1307
source;https://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/n...and-season-5-episode-9-the-french-connection/

This fortress is Hundreds of years old.. The Templars were kept there for a few years.. How does anyone know who did the carvings.. Is there any documented evidence it was a Templar and not some other person who was imprisoned there over the centuries.. They claim there "expert" is a Templar expert.. Does this mean he knows nothing about the history of the building other then his Templar speculations... How could any "expert" know what the carvings were made with. Is there any documented evidence at all.....

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My opinion of what is or isn't there isn't what my post is about and not the point.

You all have no evidence to support what you claim to be truth and facts. Your point of view is more speculation than the believers.

You all basically are calling everyone involved in Oak Island since the 3 boys found the pit liars and/or planters of finds.
No what I am saying is there is ZERO credible evidence that a treasure was ever buried below 170ft on OI. Which piece of evidence are you claiming exists to support a treasure being buried at 170+ foot?

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you're cind of missing the obvious. You see, when there is absolutely ZERO supporting evidence to all of these true believer claims and speculations it does, in fact, give all the naysayers that burden proof which you are missing. You see, when neither side of the debate can actually turn up any factual evidence to debate there is no actual subject in existence.

Ummm no there is an existence of a subject. The subject is Oak Island's story. That's a fact, Oak Island has a story.

No you need to supply proof of your anti- theories. Just because you write an opinion on what it could be and not what someone else theorizes with out lack of proof also does not make you opinion fact.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No what I am saying is there is ZERO credible evidence that a treasure was ever buried below 170ft on OI. Which piece of evidence are you claiming exists to support a treasure being buried at 170+ foot?

Again, I am not claiming anything about treasure nor lack of.

What I am claiming is that reading through posts people are making claims that they believe are explanations for what something "is", but they are just speculating and theorizing like the pro-treasure people they claim are doing.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummm no there is an existence of a subject. The subject is Oak Island's story. That's a fact, Oak Island has a story.

No you need to supply proof of your anti- theories. Just because you write an opinion on what it could be and not what someone else theorizes with out lack of proof also does not make you opinion fact.
Sorry now I am really confused.. Are you saying you want evidence/proof that no treasure exists below 170ft. What do you mean by anti-thoeires. It is impossible to prove a negative. This is why there are people who believe vampires exists and there are aliens walking among us..

If there is no evidence of something then the assumption must be it does not exist. All it takes to PROVE the story is some actual evidence.

Nothing that has been reported to have been found over the last 200+ years supports evidence of treasure being buried below 170ft on OI.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread