OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW.... I am pretty disappointed. That was such an anti climax to a very poor season. They found nothing and bragged about it. Marty even lied to Dan (and then corrected himself) when Dan asked what was the analysis of the cross..ie 1300's (then added people have said) They have not had an analysis done just some looney ladies giving unsubstantiated guesses. It is such a statement about their view of the lead sinker that they have not even got it tested...

So they have a piece of old costume jewelry. Even if they assertions are true re the age of the stone it does not mean anything of significance. The age of the gem is not the year it was lost.. I do not know much about "silver" jewelry but is Gary correct and old silver jewelry is 80% copper? Still it does nothing to support treasure even if it was what they think it is. Just one day holdup on the drilling they told us was $25,000 per day. I would bet even in perfect condition that piece of jewelry would not even be worth $25,000.

I admire Dan. He is a true Legend and tough as nails. Nothing but respect from me... I can see he is sick of it and wants them to give it up. He does not want to see people being deceived. The others just want the money from being reality TV stars.. Even Marty's boy has now realized Uncle Rick has shown him a gold mine. He wants to milk it for all its worth. Hey he is now famous... Why would he want to give up the pleasures that come with fame.

I felt a bit sorry for Dan. I think this thing is not what he thought it was any longer. It is pretty clear he has accepted that there is no treasure in the pit. I imagine he is just tired of it all and wants his piece and quite back..

I cannot believe how effectively they spread rumors of a significant find this season. NOTHING was found. 19 episodes and nothing has been added to what we new at the end of last season...

At least (in my view) there is NO DOUBT left about any treasure being in the money pit. The geo tech drilling showed nothing existed....

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happened to the in-ground scans that revealed non-ferrous metal all over the place under the swamp. Did they have that on any of their movies? I saw them doing the in-ground scans on youtube and each one high five each other. Just thought I would ask anyone that has watched the shows to see if that footage was in any of them.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Didn't that happen the very first season ? I remember watching it a long time back and then no more was said. :dontknow: I did see that Alex Lagina had definitely made a transformation about mid-way thru this last season. I thought it was pretty obvious. And at the same time, it appeared that Rick was loosing steam ? A few finds and he was not enthused at all. Like finding the markers in the swamp, Rick was ecstatic while Marty was like just another piece of wood.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have that video about an hour and forty five minutes on Amazon. Look for Petter Amundsen and something to do with the "Seven Steps of Mercy"

Last edited:

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a question for you guys. Can anyone explain to me why don't they just sling up these rocks etc. and retrieve the diver then winch it / them up?

The object at the bottom of the caisson seems large enough that there is no convenient way to attach a sling. And even then the caisson would need to be raised to allow the object to be lifted. Then there's the question of the total size: does it extend just past the edge of the caisson, or is it much larger which would make lifting from depth through earth with a large crane impractical.

It seems that the second diver was able to grab a few pebbles that were loosened by the chisel.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need to jump ship anyway the story is not backed by sound research. No treasure for them to find.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happened to the in-ground scans that revealed non-ferrous metal all over the place under the swamp. Did they have that on any of their movies? I saw them doing the in-ground scans on youtube and each one high five each other. Just thought I would ask anyone that has watched the shows to see if that footage was in any of them.

Just more scripted lines....only metal in the swamp is trash and other debri dumped there.

The only positive thing about this season is that it proved nothing significant was ever on oak island and that the laginas and their partners were continuing to perpetuate the hoax....

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still say you are wrong. You are just not proven wrong. There is/was treasure on Oak Island from two or three different sources. You will see.

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So grateful this thread exists so I didn’t waste any time watching the episodes this year.

The confederate gold show looks terrible. I don’t find the Lagina brothers to be likable enough television personalities to carry a whole new series. They aren’t actual treasure hunters and have no interest in finding treasure. They’re only after their own personal fame. The new series is a slap in the face for anyone gullible enough to still be watching/believing in the Oak Island series. “These saps are falling for this one so let’s make up another story they’ll fall for.” Why don’t they do a real treasure show and follow Mel Fisher Expeditions or something rather than a couple of jokers with a drilling company? I won’t waste a second of my time on that new show.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Highly disappointing episode. Should have been the show finale... not just the season's.

Dan did seem a bit upset. I wonder how he feels? Did he waste 50 years for nothing? Most of us would say yes.
Table full of mostly junk. I got buckets of stuff like that. Can I have my own show?

They all seemed to think the best 2 items were the cross and the stone. Stone 500 years old! Wow! Doesn't mean it was dropped on OI that day. Fools. Always do that when they get a date. Tie the stone and broach to the key plate and their was Treasure here!! LOL Sure!
The cross was looked at but not tested so they can keep saying it's up to 1500 years old or more! Yea, OK! King Tut dropped it.

So pile the cross, the stone and a few coins and there is your treasure. That was what Marty said... :icon_thumleft:

Mid season the had a clip about "Not only did we find the money pit but it's real!" When did that ever happen?

Watched 1 min of the leader into the new show, laughed and turned the TV off. Wont watch that.

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
franklin: “Need to jump ship anyway the story is not backed by sound research. No treasure for them to find.”

Your statement is fitting for both the curse of hoax island and the upcoming curse of confederate hoax gold show...

Stretch Da Truth: “Mid season the had a clip about "Not only did we find the money pit but it's real!" When did that ever happen?”.

Biggest lie of the entire series. All those who actually believe that something ever existed on hoax island felt that the laginas would show all of us once and for all that they were right and that a fictional a treasure/shakespheare comic book/ bacon something/etc. actually existed and their millions of posts supporting such a find were true..........fizzle......

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As was mentioned on this thread before, the whole DMT shaft thing was just fluff to fill time. Watching Mike Huntley's dives is like watching a parody of what experienced divers can do. The guy has no clue. He thinks everything he touches is metal and then grabs dirt to get tested above ground. The back-up diver was able to tell the obstruction was granite at first touch and even brought up samples. Is Mike friends with Gary or the Laginas, or did they find him on the internet under cheap amateur diver?

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
franklin: “Need to jump ship anyway the story is not backed by sound research. No treasure for them to find.”

Your statement is fitting for both the curse of hoax island and the upcoming curse of confederate hoax gold show...

Stretch Da Truth: “Mid season the had a clip about "Not only did we find the money pit but it's real!" When did that ever happen?”.

Biggest lie of the entire series. All those who actually believe that something ever existed on hoax island felt that the laginas would show all of us once and for all that they were right and that a fictional a treasure/shakespheare comic book/ bacon something/etc. actually existed and their millions of posts supporting such a find were true..........fizzle......
My biggest problem with the whole treasure story is that the first article on the subject was written over 50 years after the supposed original occurrence. At that point how can you discern fact from fiction?

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You do remember that right? I thought I saw it... wanted to make sure i wasn't imagining things...

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching Mike Huntley's dives is like watching a parody of what experienced divers can do. The guy has no clue. He thinks everything he touches is metal and then grabs dirt to get tested above ground. The back-up diver was able to tell the obstruction was granite at first touch and even brought up samples.

It's not shown if the 'metal detector' was calibrated or turned on by the backup diver - which would have been easy to test if he had detected the metal sides of the caisson.

I'm not an experienced diver, but I would rate the assignment as difficult to obtain anything useful from a tactile-only dive.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was sick of all the crap so i stopped recording the show a couple of weeks ago.
This morning my Dish recorder had recorded a 10 minute mini show .
Showing Marty and a so called producer named Matty ....Marty shows him a wooden shaft about 15' X 15' stockade style ....with a latter sticking out of the mud looked like it was under maybe 12' of dirt and was excavated ....Marty claims Org. Searcher ???
But the Producer never heard of it ???
Anyone else see it yet ?
Gary

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do remember that right? I thought I saw it... wanted to make sure i wasn't imagining things...

Yes.....everyone here who believes in the hoax had a, "oh yeah" moment thinking the laginas had actually found the treasure......turns out marty was referring to the new curse of confederate hoax gold show and the contract he received from history channel....

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes.....everyone here who believes in the hoax had a, "oh yeah" moment thinking the laginas had actually found the treasure......turns our marty was referring to the new curse of confederate hoax gold show and the contract he received from history channel....

Watch for garwaay's new show, "Curse of beach metal detecting in spandex".....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread