Season 7 - The story goes on...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin, as usual, that entirely makes no sense whatsoever.
Are you implying that Bishop Thomas and the Sinclair Diploma Medieval contemporary documents are made up or fake ?
That is really humorous considering that you have never presented any real evidence to back up your parroting retelling of Muir's fiction that totally lacks any provenance or verification.
What is hearsay are the unseen copies of copies made by persons unknown of a journal alleged to have been written by Earl Henry Sinclair that Muir claims to have "found" in Greenville, Tennessee basement.
The handwritten Sinclair Diploma and that of Bishop Thomas do exist and are "genuine", and have provenance and verification, and can be easily researched if you are interested in reading real historical documents.

I have never seen any of your proof of documents just he said she said ****.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I have never seen any of your proof of documents just he said she said ****.

The same can be said concerning Muir's copies of copies, that neither you or I or any legitimate historian have seen.
These DIPLOMA documents exist, and even the novice researcher can locate and access them with basic use of a search engine.
Or are you as you have accused me and others, wanting me to do your research for you?

Last edited:

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A big bust this week, the most interesting find was a booby trap component. The good news was that there will be a 3rd can slam this season.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A big bust this week....
Yep.. I is just ridiculous the way the continue to try and say all these things happen on the same day. Dig big hole, Go to swamp dig that. Go to blacksmith, Go back dig more hole etc.. Why do they do that. It does not make any sense. It is obvious that these things are not simultaneous.

There is now no mention of all their hard work to find shaft 2 and how that was next to money pit (for sure). They have just given up on that completely.. It like it never happened.

There "expert" blacksmith. Just assume a small metal spike is part of a booby trap.... It could of been off anything dropped by the miners digging that shaft they had broken into. There is NOTHING to support his guess at all.

All they found was more wood and other rubbish left by searchers.

No more research on the old kids ring.

Well it will be over soon...

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.. I is just ridiculous the way the continue to try and say all these things happen on the same day. Dig big hole, Go to swamp dig that. Go to blacksmith, Go back dig more hole etc.. Why do they do that. It does not make any sense. It is obvious that these things are not simultaneous..

That part doesn't bother me - it's all part of the editing to make the show more bearable, just like it is obvious that its from last summer and not in real time.

There is now no mention of all their hard work to find shaft 2 and how that was next to money pit (for sure). They have just given up on that completely.. It like it never happened.

At least they clarify a bit of the "6" search that went on in this hole- but they're very vague. It's obvious that the team is just throwing darts and hoping they'll come up with something.

There "expert" blacksmith. Just assume a small metal spike is part of a booby trap.... It could of been off anything dropped by the miners digging that shaft they had broken into. There is NOTHING to support his guess at all.

The only thing missing was the wild theorist of the week - laying out their research about Templars who had experience in protecting their treasure troves back in the Middle East. And laying out some of the wood jumbles brought up: "Look - this piece of wood looks like a lever! These 2 pieces of hand-hewn wood are the same weight as that other piece of wood! If we place these 2 pieces on the lever, that would set the trap. Lifting that piece of wood trips the lever, dropping that rock on the leather bellows (created from all those leather fragments we found), the leather bellows then drive all the metal spikes out of the blowholes in the rock, killing the intruder!"

I'm finally coming around to the idea that they have cumulatively excavated enough of the area that if there was anything unusual it would have been found by now. I wish they had some sort of official Wiki that would show some detail behind the scenes - such as the actual drill locations and what they do with the hole left behind these 8 foot cans - do they leave the steel in the ground or backfill the holes?

But it would be just crazy if they did do a season 8 and find something.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But it would be just crazy if they did do a season 8 and find something.
I won't watch another season of it. I have had enough now this season has been awful...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Same reason any metal bit found in Virginia is a "Civil War [metal bit]". Because of the bias of looking for something specific, in this case treasure related, rather than just looking and THEN trying to determine what it is has been found. They try and froth up interest in the most mundane and unremarkable finds.

I have not watched the show itself in three seasons. It's more interesting to come here and read the threads and posts. And there is no aggravating narrator.

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.. I is just ridiculous the way the continue to try and say all these things happen on the same day. Dig big hole, Go to swamp dig that. Go to blacksmith, Go back dig more hole etc.. Why do they do that. It does not make any sense. It is obvious that these things are not simultaneous.

No more research on the old kids ring.

At this point I feel like I'm watching reruns. Can't believe the crew is still going gaga over finding leather book bindings and metal spikes. Please give me something different, even if it means getting the permit to dig up Samuel Ball's old basement or digging a big hole on the north or west ends of the island for the heck of it. They may even find an old searcher shaft that wasn't documented before. I would even welcome some frustration from these guys over not having found any semblance of treasure. Gary cursing out Rick would be a huge welcome.

At this point everyone is going through the motions to justify another season. It's like me losing my keys inside my bedroom, but after having searched the whole house without finding them, I go out to the backyard just in case the keys grew legs and walked out there by themselves.

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On another note, why does the narrator keep bringing up the anomaly in the swamp and noting that it could be an old buried sea vessel? A couple of weeks ago I remember the crew digging down to a 13 ft depth and hitting hard clay. Someone mentioned that the anomaly was at a 15 ft depth, but since they hit hard clay, apparently no one wants to dig down another 2 feet to figure out what the anomaly was. Did I miss an episode where they came back and dug up the additional 2 feet (so the narrator can stop yapping about the buried ship), or do they not have access to a jack hammer to punch a hole in the clay layer? I'm guessing this will be brought up during the season finale, where Rick will mention that if they just had one more day they could've verified the anomaly. Unfortunately, this will have to be investigated next year. Same thing with the upland area where they left things open-ended because they apparently couldn't extend the permit by another week.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have not watched the show itself in three seasons. It's more interesting to come here and read the threads and posts. And there is no aggravating narrator.

But ya gots me!

Cheers, Loki

That's why this forum is MUCH more interesting than the show. Just because we don't agree doesn't mean we can't discuss civilly. That's a lot more uplifting than watching TV. In fact, if I had to choose between TV and YouTube I'd drop TV. LOTS of great documentaries on YouTube. Good stuff like the History Channel offerred ten years ago. Pity they went down the unsophisticated "reality show" rabbit hole instead of historical programming.

Maybe next year they can get "The Kardashians Quest for the Holy Grail"

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was he on oak island when he dug his ring, cleaned up nice, I think I dug one similar, but mine was dug in Maine, maybe some of the treasure washed down :)

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
was he on oak island when he dug his ring, cleaned up nice, I think I dug one similar, but mine was dug in Maine, maybe some of the treasure washed down :)

Maybe you could show a pic...of your ring?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At this point I feel like I'm watching reruns. Can't believe the crew is still going gaga over finding leather book bindings and metal spikes. Please give me something different, even if it means getting the permit to dig up Samuel Ball's old basement or digging a big hole on the north or west ends of the island for the heck of it. They may even find an old searcher shaft that wasn't documented before. I would even welcome some frustration from these guys over not having found any semblance of treasure. Gary cursing out Rick would be a huge welcome.

At this point everyone is going through the motions to justify another season. It's like me losing my keys inside my bedroom, but after having searched the whole house without finding them, I go out to the backyard just in case the keys grew legs and walked out there by themselves.

The treasure was buried on the West End. I have it's location. I sent it to Rick and the gang. I hope they find it. But, I believe Daniel Donald McGinnis already found it years ago.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The treasure was buried on the West End. I have it's location. I sent it to Rick and the gang. I hope they find it. But, I believe Daniel Donald McGinnis already found it years ago.

Did Daniel McGinnis beat Samuel Ball to find the treasure, or did they both find parts of it? I find it hard to believe Samuel Ball could have become a leading landowner otherwise - perhaps comfortable middle class by hard work, but not a major wheeler dealer.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Who Says...The Number One Cable Network TV Show...Won't Be Back...For Season 8!

[FONT=&quot]Top 25 original cable shows among adults aged 18 to 49 for Tuesday January 28, 2020

Number 1...The Curse of Oak Island![/FONT]

To showNetTimeTotal number of viewers (in thousands)Assessment 18-49
CURSE OF OAK ISLANDHISTORY9:00 p.m.3.3070.7

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With their filming season running from spring to autumn, it is likely there will be no season for 2020 - I wonder if History Channel will run episodes of "Digging Deeper (AGAIN)", or just skip showing anything except teasers for "the RETURN of the Curse".... This COVID thing will keep people pretty close to home for the next 3 or 4 months, at least. I would look for "Season 8" to come out in 2021.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe next year they can get "The Kardashians Quest for the Holy Grail"
Diana Jean Muir first needs to find a reference in the Sinclair Journals of their ancestor that introduced the Templars to the wonderful uses of coconut coir, and another who was the ropemaker for Antonio Zeno when he met Prince Zichmni and traveled to that hot tourist spot of Frislandia. Using all his acquired coir packing acumen, he crated Templar relics and treasure for a long voyage while Zeno gall inked a map on a Guernsey hide, which Chloe Kardashian found inside a pottery UGLYJUG she purchased at a flea market in Dania Point, California.
Watching an episode of the Kardashians where Chloe showed her find to the family, Scott Wolter exclaimed, "This could show the location
of the Grail"!

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Diana Jean Muir first needs to find a reference in the Sinclair Journals of their ancestor that introduced the Templars to the wonderful uses of coconut coir, and another who was the ropemaker for Antonio Zeno when he met Prince Zichmni and traveled to that hot tourist spot of Frislandia. Using all his acquired coir packing acumen, he crated Templar relics and treasure for a long voyage while Zeno gall inked a map on a Guernsey hide, which Chloe Kardashian found inside a pottery UGLYJUG she purchased at a flea market in Dania Point, California.
Watching an episode of the Kardashians where Chloe showed her find to the family, Scott Wolter exclaimed, "This could show the location
of the Grail"!

You can slam the use of "coir" by Templars all you want, but you can't refute that it is indeed evidence of a 14th century presence of a small group of Knights Templar's on Oak Island.

And no, Diana Muir, the Sinclair Journals, Antonio Zeno or Prince Zichmni never produced the evidence I am referring to. Your smart ass remarks subtract nothing from my own premises. You and Franklin were having a wonderful entertaining discussion but this type of response is usually produced by the sore loser of an argument. nuff said!! :thumbsup:

I don't like dirtying up Gazzahk's thread with this stuff so if you do decide to attack my premise's with this crap please take it to my own thread. I do hope that the moderator can see these last two posts for what they are, nonsense directed at me through the use of "coconut coir" and an angry response to that nonsense.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I disagree that if it is coir, which may or may not have been formed into rope, that was found on an island, that it would indicate specifically Templars in any meaningful way.

Why not some group that was commonly actually using coir and not just may have because they could have if perhaps they wanted; even though there is no other evidence that they physically were present. Too speculative and too many "ifs".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread