Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
canadian-archaeology-meme.jpg

Its going to be a hell of a winter they say.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nationalmeme.jpg

Great Seal Deciphered.jpg

Geez wonder what this little stone ship is pointing at ?

11 Leagues to Shut In.jpg

Wow an Eagle's Head holding a ribbon in it's beak, and lookie here an Eagle feather

OvertonStone4.jpg

Wonder what that means if it all points to Vermont.....oops...looks like the show is ABSOLUTE BS

YarmouthIntervale.jpg

Vault pics.jpg

Guess they would rather sniff wood?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back with fictional tales and photoshopped rocks.....

One would wonder why folks continue to post these fictional tales with doctored images....the most logical reason would be that they are hoping one of the cable networks will continue to see the posts and have an interest in creating another fiction based treasure hunting show.

But the folks here who continually post these fictional tales don't possess the creative mental processes, sales experience, and business skills that the laginas do in order to sell the tale to those networks.

At most these continued postings will just lie stored on forum servers forever with no one ever giving them credibility....

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...Wonder what that means if it all points to Vermont...
It means its time to go to Burlington and purchase a power pedal treasure hunting work trike!
BUT THAT'S NOT ALL...
... NOW one can add a Silver Swan Cargo Trailer that easily attached to the work trike to haul all that Templar treasure from Vermont! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
I don't think OI is BS, the amount of money they are spending is astronomical. The Discovery channel maybe covers 1%. I hope they and other hunters on other shows find something. For every "legend" there is some truth. They are not making money off the TV show. For me it is free to watch, so I enjoy it for what it is worth. I'm not spending $1000's of dollars a day so I will keep watching from my comfy sofa. It's cheap entertainment.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The treasure story has been proven to be a hoax many, many, times over. If advertisers pull dollars the laginas couldn’t be found anywhere near oak island even with a search warrant....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For every "legend" there is some truth.

Hardly a scientific premise. "Some" may be hardly if any at all truth. Like 1/2 of a %.

In this case it may be that there is an island named "Oak Island" and after that it all falls apart.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this week's show:

They try more honeycomb drilling to locate the original shaft and the Chappell vault. Then from a new person: Erin, we get some applied GIS science. The GIS division of the Templars in 1347 laid down an east-west meridian line. Finding some line intersections, we arrive at one of the known boulders. The striking a line 30 degrees from the meridian, we get the point where there should be another boulder. Based on that, she will be able to predict the location of the Chappell vault.

They then went out and validated Zena Halpern's map by locating the anchor stones.

(although the basics of Erin's work were valid, the technique seemed to be mostly back-solving for something near the location currently believed to be the money pit)

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
In this week's show:

They try more honeycomb drilling to locate the original shaft and the Chappell vault. Then from a new person: Erin, we get some applied GIS science. The GIS division of the Templars in 1347 laid down an east-west meridian line. Finding some line intersections, we arrive at one of the known boulders. The striking a line 30 degrees from the meridian, we get the point where there should be another boulder. Based on that, she will be able to predict the location of the Chappell vault.

They then went out and validated Zena Halpern's map by locating the anchor stones.

(although the basics of Erin's work were valid, the technique seemed to be mostly back-solving for something near the location currently believed to be the money pit)
Would that be the same Chapple vault that was moved when hit by the boring cylinder?

auximenes

Greenie
Apr 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any idea why Erin decided the boulder which would represent the northern anchor was 30° off of due north? Was that to make it match where the northern anchor stone shown on Zena's map was? If the angles of Nolan's Cross matched that 30° offset I'd be more interested in it. Also, the two boulders she chose to represent the east and west anchor points, why those, what was the justification? As said above, it looked to me like she was looking for something to fit a theory, not taking what is there and developing a theory with the data.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Any idea why Erin decided the boulder which would represent the northern anchor was 30° off of due north? Was that to make it match where the northern anchor stone shown on Zena's map was? If the angles of Nolan's Cross matched that 30° offset I'd be more interested in it. Also, the two boulders she chose to represent the east and west anchor points, why those, what was the justification? As said above, it looked to me like she was looking for something to fit a theory, not taking what is there and developing a theory with the data.
Probably because she has no clue about what she is talking about, a GI expert who does not even know what a Meridian line is.
Meridian lines run North and South, not East and West, even a high school kid knows that.
what a farce.....pathetic.

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
True, the southern/western boulder was where she said it was...because she located one that worked by examining satellite photos...and then among the dozens of boulders strewn on the northern beach area, she was very likely to find one that would "line up" with any bearing from the other stone; 30°, 45°, 22.5°,...take your pick.

I was amazed that the "rock-lined channel" they found was not determined to be a "tunnel entrance", as the pine-tar workings were.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably because she has no clue about what she is talking about, a GI expert who does not even know what a Meridian line is.
Meridian lines run North and South, not East and West, even a high school kid knows that.

And did she compensate for the change in magnetic north pole since 1347?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And did she compensate for the change in magnetic north pole since 1347?

I think she said it was "True" North not magnetic. I will have to watch again. She is right about her work to locate the "Money Pit" entrance. But it can't be used now after so much drilling and digging. The 15A and the 20A Lines interest me more as they point directly to where the treasure is located but she will have to figure out the other line and she hasn't yet.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would that be the same Chapple vault that was moved when hit by the boring cylinder?

Yep....MOVED... :laughing7:

They supposedly hit the VAULT containing the Ark of the Covenant, Aztec gold, body of somebody named bacon, Shakespeare's little black book, (fill in the blank with all of the other fictional items) and they never attempt to dig it up....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think she said it was "True" North not magnetic. I will have to watch again. She is right about her work to locate the "Money Pit" entrance. But it can't be used now after so much drilling and digging. The 15A and the 20A Lines interest me more as they point directly to where the treasure is located but she will have to figure out the other line and she hasn't yet.

Why would this interest you as you have stated many times that you know the exact location of the treasure? Yet other times you have stated it was never there....

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this week's show:

Based on that, she will be able to predict the location of the Chappell vault.

Thanks Mike... I did a lot of reading on the "alleged" Chappel vault a while ago. There is very little evidence that Chappel actually found the wood from his core sample in the location of the money pit in 1897. He was just guessing when he drilled his core sample. He did not know if he was on top of the original money pit. The story about the fragments of a gold chain did not emerge until 30 years later when his son was trying to raise money for his own search. The original Chappel never told anyone that story (unless it was his son only).

It seems much more likely that he just drilled through someone else earlier wooden reinforced search shaft.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

That's true. East/West lines on a globe are called "parallels" because they are always parallel to the equator.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show would improve exponentially if they replaced the current narrator with the one from Moonshiners.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread