DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Why would this interest you as you have stated many times that you know the exact location of the treasure? Yet other times you have stated it was never there....

...or it was removed in 1620...or it was removed in 1776...or it is still there...or it was never there...it "may" be there...he KNOWS it's there...its been there since 1200 AD...or 1380's...or 1600's...or 1700s...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
Why would this interest you as you have stated many times that you know the exact location of the treasure? Yet other times you have stated it was never there....

...or it was removed in 1620...or it was removed in 1776...or it is still there...or it was never there...it "may" be there...he KNOWS it's there...its been there since 1200 AD...or 1380's...or 1600's...or 1700s...

All I can tell you is that if I were on Oak Island the treasure would be definitely GONE.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post

All I can tell you is that if I were on Oak Island the treasure would be definitely GONE.
Very true, because it IS GONE......as in having never have been there in the first place, Franklin...you crack me up...:laughing9:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Ah. But can you prove he WASN'T there? ;-)
No, but it is implied by his own statement that when invited to join the team on OI, he refused.......must have been because of the numerous academics hired by the bozo brothers...LOL

Robert_Dazzler

Apr 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the most recent episode was pretty good. To find such similar stones exactly where they would be found according to the theory is pretty cool. OR those sneaky investor scammers and advertisers snuck in after dark and planted it all. They are so clever!!

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the island is literally covered in stones, the stones they found had no markings to make them stand out, unless they had a fancy surveyors rod way back when, there would be no real way of finding them.
Seems silly, but then again, we are all watching.:laughing7:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the most recent episode was pretty good. To find such similar stones exactly where they would be found according to the theory is pretty cool. OR those sneaky investor scammers and advertisers snuck in after dark and planted it all. They are so clever!!

The same “stones” have been found many, many, times......yet have been proven to be connected to nothing, Even the ones Nolan moved to make a cross have been proven that they point to nothing.

Again, the island has been dug far and deep for many, many years. Nothing ever found....

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
90EA9D5F-8E92-443F-8FD1-4F986C11E307.jpeg Here is what I call BS evidence, example #1 of many.
the hoaxers would have us believe that this stone was decrypted to read “forty feet below two million pounds are buried”
when you look at the substitutions, it only works if you ignore the second character, but they have an explanation.
the second triangle symbol was a mistake, that is why it has two lines crossing it out.
I can’t stop laughing as I write this..................

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1885221 Here is what I call BS evidence, example #1 of many.
the hoaxers would have us believe that this stone was decrypted to read “forty feet below two million pounds are buried”
when you look at the substitutions, it only works if you ignore the second character, but they have an explanation.
the second triangle symbol was a mistake, that is why it has two lines crossing it out.
I can’t stop laughing as I write this..................

Ah...the fake 90 foot stone...... :laughing7:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the island is literally covered in stones, the stones they found had no markings to make them stand out, unless they had a fancy surveyors rod way back when, there would be no real way of finding them.
Seems silly, but then again, we are all watching.:laughing7:
I have not been watching this series. I just visit this forum because I am very interested in the Legend of Oak Island. I have done extensive reading on the history.

I feel the Laginas are no longer adding anything to the story. They are just making things up (or finding wackos to make things up for them). It is not possible to take what they say seriously. They ignore the evidence and just keep making wild unsupported assertions. They do not want to solve the mystery... Just milk the story for as long as they can to make as much money as they can.

It is not possible that anyone associated with the show can believe that there is still a chance of treasure being buried in the pit. This has been the case since season 5. When they conducted the pattern drilling and found nothing that proved there was nothing to be found buried in the pit area.

I am quite amazed that there still seems to be people that believe that treasure may be found. Some people will believe anything even when all the evidence shows something to be false...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not been watching this series. I just visit this forum because I am very interested in the Legend of Oak Island. I have done extensive reading on the history.

I feel the Laginas are no longer adding anything to the story. They are just making things up (or finding wackos to make things up for them). It is not possible to take what they say seriously. They ignore the evidence and just keep making wild unsupported assertions. They do not want to solve the mystery... Just milk the story for as long as they can to make as much money as they can.

It is not possible that anyone associated with the show can believe that there is still a chance of treasure being buried in the pit. This has been the case since season 5. When they conducted the pattern drilling and found nothing that proved there was nothing to be found buried in the pit area.

I am quite amazed that there still seems to be people that believe that treasure may be found. Some people will believe anything even when all the evidence shows something to be false...

Just being the devils advocate here. All that might be true but what happens to that thinking if the treasure has already been found?

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just being the devils advocate here. All that might be true but what happens to that thinking if the treasure has already been found?
Sure my friend.. I fully accept that the original finders "may have" found 3 small treasure chests as claimed by the descendants. Personally that story appeals to me as it explains the rest of the legend. (People heard the rumors about the treasure and went looking for more). I agree with you that we will never know if this story was true. I also except there is no "strong/real" evidence to support the story. It may of been made up.

I also believe that there seems more to Sam Balls story then being a cabbage farmer. But there is no way to know where his money came from therefore no extra reason to believe it got it from finding treasure in the money pit.

I have seen nothing to support anyone else found anything of value from the "money pit" . Therefore the assumption should be they did not rather then the did/may have.

I really enjoyed the excavation of Smiths Cove the last couple of seasons.

I just do not really understand what they are still looking for other then spinning it out for advertising dollars. It does not seem to be an explanation of what happened on Oak Island or why Smiths Cove had all those structures.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just do not really understand what they are still looking for other then spinning it out for advertising dollars. It does not seem to be an explanation of what happened on Oak Island or why Smiths Cove had all those structures.

I find it hard to believe they make enough from advertising dollars for all the equipment and labor costs they create. They are really looking for some explanation of activity. It does sound like they find some evidence of conventional activity at the swamp this year. Whether it will satisfy their curiosity, I don't know. They may still want to do the Big Dig next year just because of the fantasies surrounding the money pit area. If they can afford it, I say why not?

There does seem to be something to the parchment finds; something not likely to be laying near the surface which got buried deep by a previous excavation.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure my friend.. I fully accept that the original finders "may have" found 3 small treasure chests as claimed by the descendants. Personally that story appeals to me as it explains the rest of the legend. (People heard the rumors about the treasure and went looking for more). I agree with you that we will never know if this story was true. I also except there is no "strong/real" evidence to support the story. It may of been made up.

I also believe that there seems more to Sam Balls story then being a cabbage farmer. But there is no way to know where his money came from therefore no extra reason to believe it got it from finding treasure in the money pit.

I have seen nothing to support anyone else found anything of value from the "money pit" . Therefore the assumption should be they did not rather then the did/may have.

I really enjoyed the excavation of Smiths Cove the last couple of seasons.

If S Ball did find gold coins on OI it didn't have to come from the MP area. Maybe he stumbled upon the "backdoor" as some theories claim there is. Maybe he found it in the swamp which back then would have looked much different...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If S Ball did find gold coins on OI it didn't have to come from the MP area. Maybe he stumbled upon the "backdoor" as some theories claim there is. Maybe he found it in the swamp which back then would have looked much different...

No money pit, no back door, no anything else has ever been on hoax island. Ball was well to do before he came to hoax island...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No money pit, no back door, no anything else has ever been on hoax island. Ball was well to do before he came to hoax island...

Again, just like the others, just because you keep repeating that doesn't make it a fact.. So you do admit S Ball was well off. Did he pass off gold coins in town as the stories go?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again, just like the others, just because you keep repeating that doesn't make it a fact.. So you do admit S Ball was well off. Did he pass off gold coins in town as the stories go?

As Charlie P. NY already posted with actual facts that Ball was well to do before coming to hoax island. Your insistence that he found "TREASURE on hoax island is still without any basis in fact, more like a peter amundson fictional drama....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if he found treasure on OI or anywhere. I'm just saying it is possible and you/ya'll claim that it is not even possible. Which is outlandish because most anything is possible.. How do we know that any old records from 250 years ago are accurate and were talking about the same Samual Ball. I'm sure he wasn't the only one around and it could have been ken folk of his as alot of families back them used the same family names over and over...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread