Season Two - Nov. 4, 2014 9:00 pm

O

Old Silver

SO... who didn't love the look on Dan Blankenship's face when he investigated the core sample?

That scene MAY HAVE been real, but also notice in an earlier episode where the guys were going up to Dan's door to tell him something, and then the camera changes to inside Dan's house. Then Dan says something like, is that someone at the door? :laughing7: You see this same thing on pretty much all "reality" TV shows. How can they expect people to swallow that? Probably because many people do.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes no matter what the show, Phone calls are made to be sure the camera Crew etc.
is allowed that day, so they can set up inside & out.
No way would they show up un-announced & risk being told "Not today"
"I'm not feeling good".
Or even worse a cold call where a well aimed Shotgun Blast could ruin their whole week :laughing7: not to mention remind them it's laundry time.

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
18th Century Freemason's Mining Technique

frankly I have one question, if the plarforms were solid, how did they move from one level to another ?? It probably has been easily explained, but I haven't seen it yet.

By leaving one side open and then alternating each side to allow ladders and movement of men, as this early 18th Century picture shows.
Note: early water pump system

Salt Mine Shaft.jpg

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
may have change views of some, However there were "stories" of gold on the Drill bit Many years ago.
and that seems to have been ferry tales considering the size of the drill these guys had to bring in vs. what drill did they used how many years ago ? hand drill ?
I'm sorry. I need to see Treasure in hand or at least before my eyes.

Well here's a story that tells that the person who was cleaning out the bit, took something and put it in his pocket. He immediately "quit" and grabbed his things and left the island.

He returned that same year, only a few months later, with an investor, waiting to buy the plots surrounding the pit, and to try to buy mining rights to the pit itself.

This happened within 2 months of pulling something off the drill. Something he kept from everyone.

So there is proof that whatever is there, is really causing people to go nuts over the pit.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've decided the treasure I have is the time I have left on earth, and it's better spent elsewhere than discussing a muddy hole that was nothing before a kid thought he saw some activity near it 219 years ago.

You kids have fun and remember to turn off the lights when the last shovel of mud is turned. I'm off to learn the ukulele or something productive.

Be good to each other and play nice.

Charlie

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've decided the treasure I have is the time I have left on earth, and it's better spent elsewhere than discussing a muddy hole that was nothing before a kid thought he saw some activity near it 219 years ago.

You kids have fun and remember to turn off the lights when the last shovel of mud is turned. I'm off to learn the ukulele or something productive.

Be good to each other and play nice.

Charlie

ukulele ? Try Bass instead.
"It's all about the bass"

Although I tend to agree there isn't even any true Documented reason
to believe the young boy who had nothing to do but listen to his fathers tall Stories,
chase fireflies,
and Dig holes. [or even proof someone can dig a hole that deep
and add tunnel traps all the way to the ocean without hitting ground water
or springs during the whole original dig]

Perhaps they needed a New outhouse or well & the kid & old man were a Bit Lazy.
so the old man told him of the Treasure Buried at the best spot :laughing7:

But it is a Search for Treasure So I'll stick around :laughing7:

Last edited:

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's coming up tonight and we will get to "learn" more about the stone. It could make sense that the stone had the instructions on how to turn off the water as that was the barrier to the "water trap"....

can't wait!!

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After viewing the TV show tonight , it looks like Oak Island was a busy place after all. They found a Spanish Coin in the swamp and now a Templar coin in the Money Pit area . Could the Knights Templars have dug the Money Pit then later removed the Treasure to another location and left the pit open. Then Bacon showed up looking for the treasure and found the Money Pit open and maybe he dug down deeper and found nothing. Then he came up with the idea to place the stone at 90' then he fill the hole in and left a pulley in the tree to draw attention. The stone was his calling card, it said this place would be talked about for years???? Just another thought.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well ... If I was Financing their operation, I would pull all future Monies after last nights show.

No more Drilling around the hole ?
Seems to me they are afraid they will disprove the Vault Theory.

& instead are back to research and dumping die down another pit :(

it's all about making money for the history Channel nothing more.

I'm P.O.'d, I never had patience with people on TV shows,
and I don't see that changing now :laughing7:

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After viewing the TV show tonight , it looks like Oak Island was a busy place after all. They found a Spanish Coin in the swamp and now a Templar coin in the Money Pit area . Could the Knights Templars have dug the Money Pit then later removed the Treasure to another location and left the pit open. Then Bacon showed up looking for the treasure and found the Money Pit open and maybe he dug down deeper and found nothing. Then he came up with the idea to place the stone at 90' then he fill the hole in and left a pulley in the tree to draw attention. The stone was his calling card, it said this place would be talked about for years???? Just another thought.

in my opinion Templar coin was a plant.

it's find & the fact they cleaned it there
and I.d.d it as Templar on the show was Too Convenient .
add to that allot of Masons were involved in digs over the years.
anyone of them could have had & Lost that coin

add to that
They are dragging things out for a 3rd. season now.
& taking a vacation where ? France :icon_scratch:

I'm rapidly loosing respect for that whole crew !

they need to hire Todd Hoffman to come in & dig it up.
"glory Hole" style.

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1087468

There is the long line of stones in the exclamation mark, the warning...."He who moves my bones is cvrst"........the stones are a drain cap?? bones=stones?

the block carved above was found on the island..... Holy Order of Knights Templar. Hallado in spanish is the key word. the first and the last letters given....the Alpha and Omega....fill in the blanks.

lets say nothing was buried there, a distraction and the best booby trap for this area,

but the real trove, buried a few feet away like they said, about 20 feet deep. set into a trove that was chambered above the pit to retain its pressure against the flood.

Would we say that it may be a Pirate treasure........but the treasurers were of a different guild here.......LOL

View attachment 1087469

More like courtesans of this trove, the reinforcements after the death of Jacques De Molay....the source of the Skull and Crossbones of the Jolly Roger image is from this church in the Chateau Le Rennes, set on the grounds of the mapped markers found on Oak Island and elsewhere in the bays......

View attachment 1087470

showing the spanish mapped the Bedford Basin Rock, the cornerstone marking above, and left some interesting work for the English to translate into their own language, to trip the trap.....

the stone clearly was translated originally with a "spanish alphabet" in the cypher wheel, using a code that produces the phrase, 'FForty Feet Below, 2 Million Pounds are buried' , done by the old professor, who could only theorize the extra word was a crossed out letter, a mistake?? That is the one clue that should make them realize its a FORCED cypher, and related to a trap

The guy on the show said the way that he used the alphabet was with the English language......well.....

if not mistaken, the alphabets are completely the same.

So how all of a sudden does he come up with the different translations using the same alphabets??? Leading back to his old buddy Amundsen's Mercy point.......??? How convenient !

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone knows that if you use the same alphabets, in two different cyphers, using the SAME wheel, to produce different results you can easily be called a charlatan, or a conjurer.

not saying this is the truth in the situation here.....but how they can miss the true translation is beyond me......you cant keep forcing something through creating partial statements.....

He can choke on his corn on the cob theory...IMO..........LOL

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's one guy, the larger gent, who finds the creation of the map, the one that has the Bedford Basin Chart drawn and can "take them right to the troves".

That has the entire marked tunnel system laid in a blueprint, and the guys go grab the line of stones confirming that there is a tunnel under the swamp, a big drain........no update on that discovery shown....oh well

They should just say 'Mercy' already cause they have no grasp on this mystery chart it seems.

I found the layout in fifteen minutes, and sat there saying........they are still in the wrong place after this??

The second guy comes in and tells them to go back to the swamp........nothing there but a sequence to match to the chart, which probably has a drain and lower tunnel......

they need to get on their Pirate ship and climb the mast to find the trove already.......yar matey....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
time for Chester Copperpot to show them the way

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might find a fiffy dowa biwl then !

UpstateCacheHunter

Nov 21, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre with a Garrett pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love all the haters on this board. Gotta love jealousy. There is obviously something buried on the island. No one would go through that kind of construction to build something with such intricate detail for nothing. 5 box drains at smiths cove, proof of a man made swamp, and the booby traps set off at the 90-110ft level, all point to something of serious value below. The show coming out doesn't change any of what has already been discovered / documented. The Lagina's have pumped millions of dollars into the island and definitely do not come off as people who would fake anything. They genuinely respect the island and are going about things the best way they can. If I were them I would be doing the same thing, eliminating the other areas of the island, while obtaining more clues and information until figuring out the best approach to get a camera down to see if they can spot "the vault". I believe that cement initially cored by Chappell has already been proven to be man worked. Something is definitely down there. I know you guys obviously feel otherwise but don't hate on the Lagina family or their search process bc they are trying to bring up history. As far as the history channel goes, of course they are going to model their seasons around the best and most intriguing finds, it would be poor marketing otherwise. I believe the mystery will be solved in the next few years as the Lagina family is determined, and going about it the right way instead of other idiots that have been on the island tha just dug a bunch of shafts and ruined many clues. I don't know which treasure story I subscribe to, but I would love it if it were the treasure of the knights Templars. You guys could still be right, but don't hate on anyone for no reason.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread