Seated Dime Today

pointdlr

Sep 30, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
I found this 1853 dime today behind a school that dates to the early 1900's. I am thinking there may have been another school on the grounds that was earlier. I found it at about 5" underneath some sand fill on a soccer field. I found a little pile of wheat pennies, and an indian head also. Every coin was in the same place. They sat right at the level where the sand fill stopped, and a very hard clay like dirt began. Condition is decent for a 156 year old coin. I'll take it.
Regards,
Jon Dickinson
www.prehistoricartifacts.com

Attachments

• 92109a.jpg
    92109a.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 663
  • 92109b.jpg
    92109b.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 658
Upvote 0
Congratulations, Seated coins are always welcome. Now they will come. That's how it
was for me. I have found 7 in ten years.

I say this ALL the time. Seated coins are my personal favorite! Congrats.......Hogge :headbang:

Excellent find with the Seated dime.
Congrats....... Gold Nuggets :hello:

Congrats nice coin way better condition than my 1883 seated dime, but I'm not complaining either.

Sweet! man I love finding those.
congrats, peanut :icon_thumleft:

WTG on finding the seated dime. Those are another example of how cool old coin designs were back over the centuries

I envy you. What a awesome coin. Can't wait to unearth mine.

Thanks for all the posts. I have watched and read this board many times, and seen the post of the seemingly random seated coin find. I never thought I would find one in the location I found it, so I guess I got my random one.
Regards,
Jon Dickinson.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back