Two firsts...............

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
Two firsts.........
« on: Today at 08:41:04 PM » Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally got to go down to Missouri Valley, I've been wanting to go down all summer. After seeing Terry's post about a street tear out I figured it would be a good time to go, after all summer is slipping away fast. Jim and I went down sunday morning and met up with Terry later that day. Terry was very hospitable and a pleasure to hunt with and we also got to meet Taz from Omaha and I'm looking forward to hunting with both of them again soon. O.K. now for the firsts, it was my first time hunting in Mo. Valley and I found my first Seated Liberty Quarter, an 1874 . Other than that I got a few wheats and some clad, but I had a great day and I'll never forget the little girl who ran off with one of my wheats :dontknow:. Jim made some good finds including an 1863 "fatty" IH and I'm sure he'll be posting some pics soon. I also included a pic of some finds I made on a few hunts from last week. I found the '89 and the '07 IH's during our club hunt saturday and I got the '06 IH the '44 Merc and the McCormick medallion (?) earlier in the week.Thanks for looking, keep the passion high and HH.
Deano

000_0067.jpg

000_0068.jpg

000_0058.jpg

Upvote 0

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds. The quarter is awesome! Congrats.....Hogge :headbang:

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
That was a great hunt!!

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first very nice coin there, did you mean seated though.

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a pretty little lady, wtg Deano I told ya there was oldies. Oh ya I scored a 1867 Shield nickel and a few more clads. Also talk a bottles dump I found a few Med's and 2 flasks from the late 1890's. Later and HH

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds deano, WTG on that Seated Quarter,Sweet! Good thing the girl took your wheat
and not your Quarter.

Good luck,
HH.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool digs!

I found one of the McCormick medallion's (the exact same one) a few yrs back!

HH

OP
OP
deano

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
wingmaster said:
Congrats on your first very nice coin there, did you mean seated though.
Oooops brain fart!!!!

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful quarter, love those seated coins....congratulations, here's to many more for you in the future,
Steve

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
iam from st joseph missouri about 30 minutes south of me is a town called weston missouri cw tobacco and slave sales it is also the home of mccormick distillery it made whiskey and burbon now they make all kinds of booze now.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice. Congrats.....

dulac

Apr 29, 2009
Sgt. Bluff, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelabs (E-trac & Explorer XS)
Way to go on the Seated quarter buddy! I think that's is the only coin I had found and that you had not. ......... until now. If only I could find one of all the ones you have...................

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG on finding one of those. Love to find one. WTG on finding 2 first's. I'm sure you will never forget those 2 special coins :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread