deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made it out yesterday for a afternoon hunt. I started off solo then took a break and went and got the kid. Things were slow for the first hour not finding any coins or any keepers for that matter, just junk.
Batteries died in the detector so decided I'd change batteries and hit a small section I hadn't hit then find another site.
Two minutes in the new section I get a good 82-84 hit. Dig a plug and have a 1875 seat dime.
I then found 6 wheats, a buffalo, and a flat button.
The kid hadn't had a good hunt for awhile so decided to make a 5 minute drive home and pick him up to finish the hunt.
When we got back told the kid I hadn't hit the section below where I found the seated. He headed that way and 10 minutes later needed help digging a deep target straight under a couple huge roots. I thought for sure he had silver but, after 20 minutes of digging turned out to be a LC. A little bit later in that same section he pulls out a bucket lister, 1851 trime. Only other keepers for the kid was a 1968 dog tag.
I found a couple more wheats, another buffalo, headless lead soldier and a tiny silver bell. The bell is only the size of your average marble but, marked Sterling.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 135
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 135
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 163
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 168
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 47

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice digs DS. I'm happy to see you're it and scoring some great finds bud

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the Trime, is it me or we see them a bit more this year?

Well, there's a bunch of us who've yet to see one!

Absolutely great finds, love the bell - and yes it is marked Sterling :)

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great hunt with some scarce coins for sure. Great job thinking of your son. I reckon his confidence has peaked after these sweet finds. I was fortunate enough to be working a street construction project and managed to recover a trime just laying on the surface with some dust covering it. Much harder to get one at any depth I am sure. Wonderful hunt. Thanks for the report. Peace.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys had quite the great day- Congrats on all the awesome finds!

-- Jeff --

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great hunt with some scarce coins for sure. Great job thinking of your son. I reckon his confidence has peaked after these sweet finds. I was fortunate enough to be working a street construction project and managed to recover a trime just laying on the surface with some dust covering it. Much harder to get one at any depth I am sure. Wonderful hunt. Thanks for the report. Peace.

Thanks!! Always thinking of the kid when I get on a good site with some Sweet finds and he's not there with me. I'm only glad he didn't find that trime in an area I already searched. Lol
Congrats on your trime!! Hopefully one day I can scratch it off my bucket list.

Oldhand

Feb 8, 2017
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow! nice finds and glad the kid could come along and make that bucket lister! Congrats!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking digs!!!! Would love to have that many finds in one day! :icon_thumright:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds wow nice trime Id be happy with a trenny!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread