Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not near you but hunt in disc 1 and run iron up to 30. Sensitivity down 1 or 2 from top ground balance over clean dirt and you will find good stuff in parks and other places. Once you get use to machine you can try all metal to get a bit more punch. Also if the threshold bothers you run it to zero. I just got the gold a few weeks ago but have had my pro for over a year so it was an easier transition. The at gold is a hot detector and punches pretty deep in the ground. It runs really good in some of the more mineralized ground I hunt also. If ya have anymore questions let me know. It's going to be a learning curve but don't give up. If your going for gold then run the iron down a bit and run in all metal or disc 1 or 2 if you want. It likes small lead so it will hit small gold as well. Good luck.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also I've run the ground balance window in the factory default if 2 but have ran it up to 3 in the uneven fields and it helped a lot. Look at my finds from this past weekend with the gold. It will find great stuff.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread