Second Sword Belt Plate In a Week...Found another buckle but need info!!!

L

lovedigging

Found a hotspot last Wednesday, a 20x20 yard square that was my best dig yet. I dug 23 bullets and an officers sword belt plate in the 3 hours I was there. This evening I was able to return with my brother and dig some more. I hit the first signal a few minutes after we stepped out of the vehicle. When I dug it was an Indian head nickle, but we were unable to locate the date on the coin. Soon after I dug my first full spenser bullet of the day. Once we hit my hotspot, my brother dug what we believe to be a handcuff key. An incredible find! We had been there for about an hour and had dug quite a few bullets between us when I hit a really good signal. When I popped the circle of dirt out I couldn't believe what I was seeing, but it looked like the corner of yet another buckle. I called my brother over and we took pictures as the digging progressed. I was sure glad my brother could join me tonight to be a part of all the incredible things we dug. He had to leave early so I stayed on and took advantage of every possible minute of daylight. I'm glad I did as I ended up digging up the heart buckle, more bullets and another full spenser bullet. I can't find the heart buckle in Crouch's "bible" so if anyone has any information please let me know.

Attachments

• 100_1151 a.JPG
    100_1151 a.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 772
  • sword buckle.JPG
    sword buckle.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 772
  • hole.JPG
    hole.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 770
  • heart buckle.JPG
    heart buckle.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 760
Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

lovedigging

GoldenRoyBoy said:
That Sir, is an impressive array of finds!
Those cartridges, being intact definitely proves your on top a hotspot.
Are you gridding the area, digging all sounds?

GRB
Been digging all sounds because theirs been very little trash, usually if it is trash it's a nail that was used on the horseshoes and that actually get's me excited cause I know I'm close to something good...

OP
OP
L

lovedigging

Kiros32 said:
Can you post a close up photo of that Buffalo?
Not a problem...

Attachments

• indian head 1.JPG
    indian head 1.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 233
  • indian head 2.JPG
    indian head 2.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 229
OP
OP
L

lovedigging

BuckleBoy said:
Nice finds! Too bad those silver wreaths never stayed on those plates long... First buckle for you, or are you a buckle Veteran? If it's your first, welcome to the club!

And those complete spencers are top-notch. They are an excellent find--and their value speaks to the fact that they don't come up intact very often.

Bravo!

-Buckleboy
Buckleboy, Actually in the eight month's I've been digging I've been "VERY" lucky. I've dug two US buckles, A piece of one and yesterday made my second sword buckle. I've also dug three breast plates. I'm sure I put more time in than most cause their's weeks I hunt everyday for a couple hours before work or after and I didn't let winter slow me down either.Thanks for the reply...

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds,Sounds like you have a great site there,congrats.I found two of the heart buckels last year one made of brass and one of tin.I was told that the older ones were brass and the tin ones date from the early 1900's. :thumbsup:

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Wow, one of these days I'm going to have to do some relic hunting instead of just coinshooting. Those are truly awesome finds.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Some debate on those Heart buckles heres mine, I found a eagle button close to this

Attachments

• 100_0202.JPG
    100_0202.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 196

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW!!! Those are some incredible finds!!! I want to see the buckle cleaned up (although it looks pretty darn good now :)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you have a prime hunting spot, TC! :o Absolutely fantastic finds! :o

Many congrats! Nana :)

Top Member Reactions