Secret Prices? Why only list the retail price?

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I have decided to venture into the surf to hunt. Need to get a water detector. So I did some research and found that the Whites Surf PI Pro appears to be a decent detector. OK, so now I would like to know what it costs.

I just spent over an hour searching the web and all I see is the suggested retail price if any price at all is listed. Most sites do not even post a price. What is the big secret? Do these dealers NOT want to sell their detectors?

Yes, I could call, but it is almost 10PM and most likely no one is open at this hour and besides, why do I have to make a dozen phone calls to find out what the item costs?I thought the idea of having a web page was to show the items for sale and then tell the prospective customer the price of the merchandise.

Frustrating to say the least.

Does anyone know of a site that actually has the price listed or is eveone selling it at the suggested retail price?

Thanks.

Ray S

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
It's most likely a deal Whites has negotiated with it's dealer network so a cut-throat battle doesn't begin that would only end up hurting the manufacturers good name.

If you can use a local dealer, it would sure be best, if at all possible!

...LoL I know a guy who sold his house and moved to a rental... He made up a list of what he needed for the new place and faxed a request for bids to a whole flock of local stores.

Might be worth a try???

HH
rmptr

cameraman

Jun 10, 2008
central mn
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Kellyco.com will probably have them and not only do they actually sell them but when u buy them u get free shipping and free accesories.

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
cameraman said:
Kellyco.com will probably have them and not only do they actually sell them but when u buy them u get free shipping and free accesories.

I have done business with Kellyco before. They are about 40 miles from me. I have considered contacting them also. Can't say much for the freebie items, but I have not had any problems with my purchases from them.

Thanks for your input.

Ray S

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
rmptr said:
It's most likely a deal Whites has negotiated with it's dealer network so a cut-throat battle doesn't begin that would only end up hurting the manufacturers good name.

If you can use a local dealer, it would sure be best, if at all possible!

...LoL I know a guy who sold his house and moved to a rental... He made up a list of what he needed for the new place and faxed a request for bids to a whole flock of local stores.

Might be worth a try???

HH
rmptr

That would make sence, but makes shopping for a new Whites detector frustrating.

Ray S.

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
CATFISHJK1 said:
The Surf PI Pro is a fine machine. The absolute lowest price you will find anywhere is $594 from Clevenger's. 800-999-9147. Kellyco can not beat Clevenger's price.

Catfishjk1,

That is very good news. Not that Kellyco can not beat the price, :D but that you actually have a real price. :thumbsup: Thanks for taking the time to get this informtion for me. I have been very busy with work the past week and have not had a whole lot of free time. Definately will keep Clevenger's in mind when I am ready to buy.

HH

Ray S

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
I'm pretty frugal so shopped around when I bought my MXT. The price was the same, msrp, everywere from what I was told. I ain't afraid to ask for the "managers discount" that I made up. Payed full price but got him to pay the tax, 8.25%, got another 4x6 coil for $40, a pinpointer and headphones free and a 12" loop half price. Also sometimes the White's website has E coupons.

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Urban Prospector said:
I'm pretty frugal so shopped around when I bought my MXT. The price was the same, msrp, everywere from what I was told. I ain't afraid to ask for the "managers discount" that I made up. Payed full price but got him to pay the tax, 8.25%, got another 4x6 coil for $40, a pinpointer and headphones free and a 12" loop half price. Also sometimes the White's website has E coupons.

Urban Prospector,
That is a good idea, about the coupon. Will have to check around to see if there is one for the surf PI. Thanks.

Ray S

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Ray S ECenFL said:
bakergeol said:
You could wait until Whites releases it's new Surfmaster dual field PI.

Here is a picture of one. Great cob pictures also.

http://www.rsoperations.com/

George

Any idea when this unit will be available?

( Just when I thought I had my mind made up. LOL)

Ray S

Hey Ray

The Whites new Surfmaster dual field PI is just out.
Check the whites site.

George

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Hi, This is Coin Finder I Just went out to buy the (BeachHunter ID ) for (only $ 800.00) good to (25) Feet ! Water & sand. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
bakergeol said:
Ray S ECenFL said:
bakergeol said:
You could wait until Whites releases it's new Surfmaster dual field PI.

Here is a picture of one. Great cob pictures also.

http://www.rsoperations.com/

George

Any idea when this unit will be available?

( Just when I thought I had my mind made up. LOL)

Ray S

Hey Ray

The Whites new Surfmaster dual field PI is just out.
Check the whites site.

George

Looks like a nice detector. I would like to see some user reviews on this new unit before I make a firm decision. Thanks for the update.

Ray S

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S. C. CATFISH said:
The Surf PI Pro is a fine machine. The absolute lowest price you will find anywhere is $594 from Clevenger's. 800-999-9147. Kellyco can not beat Clevenger's price.

THEY DO HAVE THE BEST PRICES!

metdetdevl

Sep 14, 2007
Winter Springs, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to let you know, all dealers are under contract not to show prices online for White's detectors that ix why you have to call... I will only say that the price that is shown in the post above is the actual sale price on a normal daily basis and contrary to the post above, we can go lower. Just give Kellyco a Call... 1-800-898-6673

Thanks,
metdetdevl
http://www.kellycodetectors.com

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
metdetdevl said:
Just to let you know, all dealers are under contract not to show prices online for White's detectors that ix why you have to call... I will only say that the price that is shown in the post above is the actual sale price on a normal daily basis and contrary to the post above, we can go lower. Just give Kellyco a Call... 1-800-898-6673

Thanks,
metdetdevl

Thanks for all your inputs. I will be shopping around in near future. Would like to get some 'user' input on the Whites new Surfmaster dual field PI, before I make my decision.

Ray S

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray S ECenFL said:
metdetdevl said:

Thanks,
metdetdevl

Thanks for all your inputs. I will be shopping around in near future. Would like to get some 'user' input on the Whites new Surfmaster dual field PI, before I make my decision.

Ray S

Check it out on Kellyco's website. I personally just combed through 10 reviews for that detector *alone* - http://www.kellycodetectors.com/whites/Whites-Pi-Pro.htm <--- Select the "Read Reviews" link under the picture. Good luck! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread