Secrets to Acquiring new Private Property sites & virgin ground?

Matt1344

Dec 10, 2012
Huntington, WV
Detector(s) used
White's Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So what are your secrets, hints, tips, and tricks?

How do you bait private commercial or residential owners into searching their property?

1.) Just ask. Give them nothing in return. This actually probably works most of the time.
2.) Say hey I'm only interested in coins, if I find jewelry it's yours (or vice versa)!
3.) Pay them. I'll give you 10 bucks to search your property. (This seems like a horrible idea for many reasons.)
4.) Say, If I find something I'll give you a percentage of it.
5.) Trade. Maybe you cut hair, and give them a free hair cut if they let you search their property. Sounds ridiculous, but if you're cool with it and it works...

Have you ever passed out flyers, put ads in paper? You could get real organized with this and have a constant list of virgin ground to search.

The possibilities are endless for marketing yourself and procuring new properties.

Upvote 0

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just blend it in with my ordinary life,everyone knows that i like to look for stuff,it is alot easier to get permission once they know ya.alot of times my friends get me on property of thier friends.im handy too and when i do something for someone i do not know and it comes time to pay me i say well ya know i work really cheap if you let me hunt your property works almost every time.

smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some folks around here post on Craigslist. There's a small am radio station in my area that still has a Swap and Shop show. It's a program that takes calls from people with most anything wanted to buy, sell or trade or even something as weird as diggin up other people's property.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread