Security guard on Saint Pete Beach

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just think if everyone went by the "20-foot rule"... on most beaches in Florida there would be no swimming, no body surfing, no throwing a Frisbee, no setting up your chair or blanket near anyone, no fishing, no building a pyramid, no playing with or throwing a ball, no drinking a beer.... Sounds like NO FUN to me. Like Treasure Hunter said were not asking people to move or bumping into people but 20 feet?? C'mon man. The key is respect. I have never run into anyone but I have been run into by swimmers, been hit by footballs and even been crashed into by body surfers and never once thought they were being disrespectful. I was happy they were doing the same thing I was doing... having fun.

How you doing Mike? Need to meet up with you and lookindown again some time and go hunting. I have 3 800 Equinoxes on order, 2 for me one for my hunting partner, I like to have backups.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was 2nd beach we hunted, it was not near as crowded as one we met on, I wasn't moving away from anyone I was working my way around the beach.If I remember right we met on Clearwater or St Pete then moved to small beach you knew about.

Why do you think I got you to leave there and go somewhere else... an hour away no less. :P

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just think if everyone went by the "20-foot rule"... on most beaches in Florida there would be no swimming, no body surfing, no throwing a Frisbee, no setting up your chair or blanket near anyone, no fishing, no building a pyramid, no playing with or throwing a ball, no drinking a beer.... Sounds like NO FUN to me. Like Treasure Hunter said were not asking people to move or bumping into people but 20 feet?? C'mon man. The key is respect. I have never run into anyone but I have been run into by swimmers, been hit by footballs and even been crashed into by body surfers and never once thought they were being disrespectful. I was happy they were doing the same thing I was doing... having fun.
When some people post on here and everyone doesn't agree with them and pat them on the back they get a little upset...easy to spot em....its the ones that resort to name calling and rapidly making posts 1 minute apart.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah ... heh... this thread.

Lets see ...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lets see here... lets just pick this post apart a bit...

20 foot "rule" ? - No "rule"... Just common courtesy.

No fishing - Um that's right... also inconsiderate amongst swimmers.

Building a pyramid - Huh ? what are we in Egypt ? --- hey why don't we detect those "pyramids" for Pharaoh treasure as they build them.

No drinking beer - Um already NOT allowed and a law which is strictly enforced on most beaches here... and is definitely not allowed in or on ANY state OR national property.

"Run into by swimmers" - Sheesh man I hope no one was hurt by running into a bunch of hard plastic and metal items carried by you.

"been hit by footballs" - And you think this was an accident ? lol

"crashed into by body surfers" - Again... I hope no one was injured by your gear.

......................I can safely say................... I have NEVER been "run into" by anyone... EVER.
AND... NEVER... been "hit" by anything.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When some people post on here and everyone doesn't agree with them and pat them on the back they get a little upset...easy to spot em....its the ones that resort to name calling and rapidly making posts 1 minute apart.

Yeah.. those guys... what do they know anyway.

:P

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um... btw... Is it just me... or has this thread been edited ?

And a response or 2 by me been removed ?

:/

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alcohol is allowed on many public beaches in Florida...even at Canaveral National Seashore....Treasure Island, Cocoa Beach, Siesta Beach and many, many more....you really don't know what your talking about...sheesh.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alcohol is allowed on many public beaches in Florida...even at Canaveral National Seashore....Treasure Island, Cocoa Beach, Siesta Beach and many, many more....you really don't know what your talking about...sheesh.

Yes... allowed on many beaches throughout Florida... but also not allowed.

But this is not the point.

Drinking does not effect others... and if it does,,,

they take you away.

So its a mute point... and has NOTHING to do with CONSIDERATION OF OTHERS.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AND...

As far as ME not knowing what I am talking about...

Treasure Island put the ban in place last year in response to residents' complaints that the bar attracts drunken, misbehaving beachgoers who spill into the neighborhoods. The ban covers Saturdays and Sundays between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.

SO ITS YOU WHO DOES NOT KNOW what your TRYING to talk about.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Youi mention a few beaches and think I am some Arse...

Siesta Key... so what... one beach there,,, next one no... after that... no... the next beach NO....

Alcohol at Venice Beach ... NO..... shall I continue... I would... be who cares.

I don't friggin drink at the beach either.

Gave that up in my 20's IF even that late.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The point isn't where you can drink or not drink...

ITS the whole thought - "you can do what you want ... when you want... how you want... and screw everyone else AND regardless of others "...

Which IS the point.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I still say if anyone detects within 20 feet of stranger / another person that is not detecting... WHO is minding their own business and not interested in what your doing...

IS an inconsiderate ... selfish / self entitled / narrow minded / jeopardizer of the craft of metal detecting.

AKA LAMER.

And should reconsider themselves as a whole.

And nothing re-read / posted to the contrary makes sense or even begins to sway my opinion... NOR ever will.

I can't get within 20 feet of a stranger because I could offend someone but I can be called names like inconsiderate ... selfish / self entitled / narrow minded LAMER and shouldn't be offended. I guess this is the world we live in :BangHead: I refuse to participate.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not posting on this thread anymore because opinions are being taken personal...I like discussing stuff and hearing different views because I know Im not always right...most of us don't even know each other on here...I don't know how someone takes this stuff so personal but Im out of this discussion.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End this AARC or I will.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lookingdown... I apologize if you took it as I was pissed off... Text has it ways of pushing the envelope of paranoia.

I assure you I mean to only REALLLY emphasize the main subjects... not "go off" on it.

Like I responded to your private msg... Been a long last few weeks.

LD... your responses seemed also to me um.... antagonistic in a way.
IF you re-read them maybe you can see it from my point of view.

I am not against your view... I just do not agree.

And am adamant about it.

As far as I am concerned... to each their own when it comes REALLY down to it.

Also... as far as I a concerned...

This... amongst other things...

Has ended.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its all good.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its all good.

Lookindown,

Again I apologize if you took it that I was mad at you...

I took it the same way towards me.

When I feel like this is beginning to happen... I don't "play well with others" here in a text match.

I do not know you... but I am sure you are a person who is someone I would get along with.

For I get along with most to all people.

We just got off on the "wrong foot" for our first interaction here...
especially concerning a subject I am really touchy about...
BECAUSE I feel strongly that it has had a direct effect on MD'rs as a whole... AND me.

The opinions here are definitely "divided" concerning this.

Also... remember that text has a funny way of sometimes exaggerating the conveying of a meaning or a "feeling".
Especially if done in "haste" like I did.

Please... take my posts with a "grain of salt".

PS...

you can use the sheesh word on me again now.

:)

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh... And PSS...

During this... I was thinking you were another user. heh

A user... that I already did not care for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread