Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sedona is a pretty place.
Went through there last fall.

I don't create a vortex when I golf but I do scare the cr@p out of the other golfers on the adjoining fairways!

Great pic
Steve

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello out there, Arizona Bob,
Your Arizona is a beautiful state. We spent 2weeks there a couple years ago, one week in Sedona
and a week in Oro Valley. I loved Sedona. So many things to see and experience. Those red rock
cliffs are awesome. WE even took a small plane sightseeing tour. Fabulous scenery from the air.
WE went to a western music show and dinner in an old remodeled barn in Cottonwood. One of the band members used to be one of the Sons Of The Pioneers band; Roy Rogers band. Our dinner was family style at long picnic type tables. After dinner, the band did all old-time western and campfire songs. Sometime after dark they started singing "Ghost Riders In The Sky" As soon as they started the song all the lights went off. Along the two long sides of the barn was a row of several big windows. As soon as the lights went off , there was a white horse and rider all in white with a large white cape. A light from outside shown on him while the horse reared up on his
hind legs and the ghost rider waved. I think there was 8 or 10 windows and he reared up in front of each one in the dark with that light shining on him. Quite an effective way to illustrate the
song. Everybody loved it.
We stayed at hte Los Abrigados condos, in case you know where they are at, behind a group of
little stores and flee markets that I remember the Spanish pronounciation but not the spelling.
We liked Arizona so well that we have kinda wondered about selling out here and moving out there.
By the way, a few minutes ago I read about the dam In the Grand Canyon overflowed and a lot of people had to be lifted out by halecopters. Sounded bad, but at least no casualties at this time.
We saw the Grand Canyon. That place is so awesome I could stare at it for hours.
Ray karenray08

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I used to travel all over the country for work and Arizona is still my favorite place to go. Simply beautiful, thanks for the pic. HH Charlie

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I've been to AZ too, may be heading back in January (my Hubby has family there). What a place to watch the sun come up, or set over the mountains. You have me wishing I was there. :icon_sunny:

How could you concentrate on golf with a view like that? :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Arizona Bob

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Although I prefer the high desert/country, I think AZ is a fun place to live and work. Low desert is just too damn hot for me.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you captured Gods art work. Thank you for sharing. I was there 15 years ago I do miss the beauty.

Burdie

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful...last time I was in Arizona, it was during the month of November...80's during the day and 50's at night. :coffee2:

WilliamBoyd

Sep 22, 2007
California
One of my favorite old movies is a 1945 film called "Leave Her to Heaven".

In some of the first scenes, Gene Tierney is riding a horse in front of the
peaks in your photograph.

By the way, the movie's story is pretty good, Gene is bad, really bad.

post_sedona_leaveheaven.jpg

She's hard to see but is at the left bottom of the photo.
8)

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll bet that property taxes and cost of living will keep most from moving to Arizona. I wouldn't mind living there.......If only I could win that lottery, I'd move in a heartbeat, with or without my wife ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread