Selling gold

vickilynn

May 19, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites prizm 950 V
Hi , I emailed ARA , and got this response rather quickly.....
"We recommend using registered insured mail. Please enclose a note with contact information, Settlement instructions, and any special instructions you may have. Thank You"

maine slang
Do I have to specify that I would like my stones saved ? sorry I have this wicked phobia about talking on the phone.
I was also wondering what does settlement instructions mean ?
Ok 1 more question .... I have six small gold roses that were passed down to me they are not marked but they passed the scratch test should I include them and hope for the best ?
Thank you kindly.Vickilynn

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Can't help you regarding the stones. I don't know if you have to remove them yourself prior to sending them the jewelry, or if once they get them they're theirs... :dontknow:

Regarding the settlement instructions, I think they can pay you (with a check) right away; send you the amount they owe you in pure gold; or you can opt for them to hold off and you can request payment in the future when gold goes up. If it goes up. That way you can (possibly) get more for your items.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Registered is the safest way to ship.....it's also the slowest. I sent registered mail from Alabama to Colorado & it took almost 2 weeks.

I take any large stones out of the jewelry I send to ARA & they have returned the tiny ones I miss. If you send gold without instructions their computer cuts a check based on when the gold is processed. That can be more or less than you would expect. You can also tell them to put your shipment in the pool. Once it's in the pool you can call to lock in a price at any time. Once it's locked in & processed they cut a check based on that price.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ramjet2187 said:
A) I don't know if you have to remove them yourself prior to sending them the jewelry, or if once they get them they're theirs.

B) Regarding the settlement instructions, I think they can pay you (with a check) right away; send you the amount they owe you in pure gold; or you can opt for them to hold off and you can request payment in the future when gold goes up. If it goes up. That way you can (possibly) get more for your items.

A) with ARA they always disolve the gold, strain out the stones, then do something to the stones (acid dip I think) Diamonds still sparkle and CZ frost up. Then they return all in a ziplock bag. You do not even need to request this.

B) 100% correct.

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can also have the money deposited directly into your bank account.

OP
OP
vickilynn

vickilynn

May 19, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites prizm 950 V
Wonderful replies THANKYOU!! Do I need to contact them before I send ? Also do I call to find out amount at some point ? Thanks in advance Vickilynn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread