myprecious

Aug 2, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites BHID 300 / Bounty Hunter IV
For those who don't watch the precious metals index:
We've just had a nice two-day run up. :hello2:
Gold hit $985 /oz
Silver hit $15.75/oz

Though i've no intention on cashing in I was wondering if anyone who has sold has any lessons to teach. Does a larger lot bring a better price. Can one expect $2 for a 40% and $5 for a 90%...or better/worse. WLH or Bens...any premium?

Anyone Ebaying? Craig'slisting? Or just local coin dealers?

Any advice would be helpful...thx

Upvote 0

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Craig's List allows you to sell retail, versus a coin dealer pays wholesale. I've sold on Craig's List recently. To local people, for cash.

You should get more than $2 an $5 for the 40% and 90%. About $2.25 - $2.50 and $5.50. It was $5 until the last 48 hours, but this move has pushed it to 11X face, and 4.5X face on 40%.

Ebay works also, but is longer and you have to ship. Ther are enough local buyers in almost any market to give you the same amount, yet save on shipping, plus not have the worries of out of state buyers (Plus the fees)

IMHO.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
myprecious said:
For those who don't watch the precious metals index:
We've just had a nice two-day run up. :hello2:
Gold hit $985 /oz
Silver hit $15.75/oz

Though i've no intention on cashing in I was wondering if anyone who has sold has any lessons to teach. Does a larger lot bring a better price. Can one expect $2 for a 40% and $5 for a 90%...or better/worse. WLH or Bens...any premium?

Anyone Ebaying? Craig'slisting? Or just local coin dealers?

Any advice would be helpful...thx

I did my first Ebay, 1 roll of %40's & it sold for 42.49 after everything it netted 34.87. Am listing 3 lots today 3,4, and 5 roll lots to test it out- do know they should do better simply cause postage is less when shipping multi rolls. You can go to Ebay & watch others sell you know & determine what & how things sell best. My problem is we have had so many Silver finds from our Boxes of late 1400 plus we need cash to replenish CRH funds :tongue3: .

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Obediah,

I posted on Craigslist a week ago, and was able to sell 700 40% for $2 each. By the time the guy and I hooked up, a 40% was worth about $2.20, but we made a deal, and I was happy with the price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread