SELLING SOME OF MY 90% SILVER COINS THIS WEEKEND

yonico

Dec 25, 2010
New York City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys

so i decided to sell some of my silver (coins, 90% only)

I'm going to unload about 25% of my stash, in $50 face lots, as long as spot price is above $33.

luckily it's at 33.38 this weekend so i have to sell first lot before Monday :-\

I've been selling on eBay for some time now and I'm a Top Rated seller so i get discount (20%) on the final value fees. so considering the discount and the fact that people overpay for everything on eBay - it's not that bad after all.

Today I'm gonna sell $50 in dimes (seated, barber, mercury, Roosevelt) , Quarters (barber, standing liberty, Washington) , Halves (barber, walking liberty, Franklin, 64' Kennedy) and a Morgan dollar.

my first auction will start today (Saturday) at 8:30 NY TIME and will last 24 hours to end Sunday night.

i was trying to post a link to my user name on the classified ads > eBay treasures forum but apparently it's for charter members to post only :icon_scratch: :downtown:

so if anyone interested and wants to take a look, I can PM my user name on eBay or a link to the listing as soon as it starts.

wish me luck!

Upvote 0

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I wouldn't do it unless you really need the money. I just think silver has more room to run. Did you get all those coins from CRHing? I doubt the seated, barbers were CRH finds but good luck.

How do you become to top rated seller? Do you have to feedback of over 500? I hate Feebay but this is interesting because I want to find a way to lower my fees.

OP
OP
yonico

yonico

Dec 25, 2010
New York City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey
sent you a pm about the ebay stuff.

about the coins. i'm not selling all my silver but it's at a price high enough for me to unload at least SOME of it, and i'm still CRHing so i'll fill this back up eventually. when i'm selling 20-25 percents of my silver, i know i'm not gonna regret it. if it goes up a lot, i still have a lot to sell.. and if it crashes, at least i sold some at a high price. anyways i'm gonna see how much this first lot sells for, to see if its worth it.

most of these coins came from CRHing but not the barbers and the seated. and only one of the standing liberty quarters. but they were all bought below melt value in mixed in lots. so i didn't pay much for them. somewhere between 15x-20x face, always bellow melt value. i list them along with other coins to pull more people to look at the coins and check the auction and maybe drive the sell price up a little. it always works when i sell 90% kennedy's and mix a walker or two in there - even though silver content wise they are equal :dontknow:

OP
OP
yonico

yonico

Dec 25, 2010
New York City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first auction has started.

sent PMs.

anyone else interested, PM me

OP
OP
yonico

yonico

Dec 25, 2010
New York City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those who asked for a link,
I also listed 1 lot of 75 silver washington quarters - all different dates and mints.
an almost complete set - 75 coins out of 83.
under the same name on ebay

thanks for looking

EpicDeuce

Dec 2, 2010
Ok first off, Craigslist should always be an option before eBay. Once that possibility is exhausted then you go to eBay. Reason I say this is because I sold 100 90% kennedys today for 1250.00, that's 12.50 a pop of course, .43 over spot. No eBay fees, no post office lines, no postage fees, no packing , no insurance fees... You get the idea. Unless you're in a hurry to sell or in a very isolated area I don't see eBay as a smart choice. Again, maximize your profits, be a smart seller. Craigslist > eBay. Always.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Wow.. quite a list of silver coins. :icon_thumleft:

I would bid just to raise prices for you.. although I don't want to win since I have my own stash to hold onto right now. LOL

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Bugsterx2 said:
PM'd you but no reply yet, so I'll post here too! Please send auction info! Thanks!
Hey guys he forwarded me his information earlier Ebay id "yonicoin" item 270712188387 Hes got some nice stuff but its going to sell for beyond my price range

OP
OP
yonico

yonico

Dec 25, 2010
New York City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey all..
tried to reply to all PMs on time, sorry i was at work (yeah, i work Saturdays. and yeah, it sucks)

just a quick update: $35 face silver coins current bid is $765.50 (21.87x face), with about 16 hours to go.
$18.75 face in silver quarters current bid is $316.82 $408.85 (17x face) (21.80x face), with 17.5 hours to go.
i got good number of watchers on these 2 items.
i'm hoping to get a good price on them.
for me a GOOD sell price is about 27x-28x face., which leaves me with net 24.50-25.50 times, anything more than that will be ok too ;D

i'm gonna go ahead and try craigslist this tuesday, i used it many times before but never to SELL coins (i did BUY coins). Thanks for the advice.

to EpicDeuce, this is some nice numbers!! wish i could sell my coins at this prices locally! i'd have to try craigslist also.

i'm goin to update this post again this week, i'll be listing some more coins (collectible, not silver). these are more expensive coins ($250-$600 each) that i'm selling off my collection - didn't want to do that but i need some cash. morgans, peace dollars, and IH pennies.
if a moderator tells me it's okay, i will post links to all my auctions here in this post. if not, just PM me and i'll send you the info.

thanks guys
have a great weekend..
johnny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread