Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be sending all my Gold & Plat. to ARAGold in Oct. I been using them for the pasted 5 years .call them 1-800-216-9796

OP
OP
smugglersbluez

smugglersbluez

Jan 10, 2013
central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro , Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks, gold is in the mail...just wanted to be re assured

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just pulled up the ARAgold.com web site. It says "payout" is 98% on karat gold. Does that mean they pay 98% of spot gold price on the actual weight of gold in the lot? If so, I thought refiners had gone down to 95%.... Papa

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
What do you think they mean?

#googlesearch

I just pulled up the ARAgold.com web site. It says "payout" is 98% on karat gold. Does that mean they pay 98% of spot gold price on the actual weight of gold in the lot? If so, I thought refiners had gone down to 95%.... Papa

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Midwest pays 95%...ARA pays 98% (that's spot price on the day and on the final full gold out of the acid bath.)

Please note that unless your gold says 14KP it could be as low as 13.6K and still marked 14K so take that into account in your calculations.

ARA's payout has always spot on for me over three submissions.

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
What do you think they mean?

#googlesearch

Well, I realize the answer to the question seems obvious. However, for starters, what kind of gold is there besides karat gold? Second, they don't say anything about spot gold price being the basis of their payout. Just looking for clarification and I think Dr. Joe Prime answered the question. I thought all the refineries dropped back to 95% of spot price on payout. I have not sent any gold in to be refined yet and I am hesitant to send it off to someone I haven't dealt with, but others here have and ARA looks like the place to send the gold. Thanks, Joe

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BP..... they pay in penny weight (dwt). Not sure, but at one time i was told they paid based on 24K once melted. But now instead of MISC gold they have you break it down by K. Ive had good success with them and very nice to deal with over the phone. BUT..... if you can find someone you can trust locally with a GOOD price, you might be just as well off. You get a face to face.... you save shipping, wait time, and insurance (which is pricy).

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh WoW~....Very cool...I just did a Google Search on this place and noticed its only 8 miles from my work...lol

Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
smugglersbluez

smugglersbluez

Jan 10, 2013
central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
so if we have a problem....we can send you in to handle business? ha ha

Idigack

Aug 18, 2012
ACK
Detector(s) used
excal11 10 inch coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
has anybody thought of the fact that they will want an id # for taxes???

OP
OP
smugglersbluez

smugglersbluez

Jan 10, 2013
central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok,I went with ARA...I am pleased and my returns were as expected.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
ARA....great company to work with...I've always been pleased doing business with them.

Lorraine

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have to separate your gold by 10K, 14K, 18K etc or just put it all in a box or envelope and send it to them? I intend to cash my gold in to pay for a basic scuba course in November. I've never used them because I've never had any gold to sell, but have a good bit (for me) from last fall and early this year. When you find jewelry with stones do you let them handle it for you or send them to a buyer? I sent them an email, but never got a reply.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
I put all the mixed gold in one baggie..I put the one platinum ring in a separate baggie in the same package. They cut me two checks..one for platinum and one for gold.

They will return all stones unless you want them to bid on your diamonds.

I'd call them directly by phone..they are very responsive, helpful and friendly.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
I tell people who sell their gold to pawn shops even those who pay top dollar that they may as well threw their money down a rat hole. I imagine ARA Gold is where the pawn shops sell their gold for those big payouts. ARA says they make their money from the silver that is refined from the gold. I didn't know there was any silver in gold but I could be wrong.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have to separate your gold by 10K, 14K, 18K etc or just put it all in a box or envelope and send it to them? I intend to cash my gold in to pay for a basic scuba course in November. I've never used them because I've never had any gold to sell, but have a good bit (for me) from last fall and early this year. When you find jewelry with stones do you let them handle it for you or send them to a buyer? I sent them an email, but never got a reply.
You don't have to separate it. They put it through a process that separates the gold from the metals its mixed with. They pay you for the weight of the pure gold that comes out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread