Seltzer bottle question

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've dug one top half of a seltzer bottle before, it was a beautiful true blue with a white painted label. The metal dispenser top thing was missing but it was unmistakable. I was very surprised to find it. I think there'd definitely still be value in one with a corroded top or without any top at all. I like the look of rust on some things, like rusty looking fruit jar rings.

And someone might have the spout alone and need a bottle for it!

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only come across shards and the spouts but they crumble when they hit the air.

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys. I think that answers the question. I think I would look for a replacement top if that's possible.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug one intact example, the presumably pot metal top was a bit corroded but they were often stamped with the name of the bottlers so finding a true replacement would be quite unlikely.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And yes, many of them have some good value. For example a Coca Cola seltzer would fetch a nice price.

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update:
Never mind. Somebody took it. I was gonna gift it to my brother. Oh well. :(

Last edited:

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dug a copal in my time. you find them in teen's and twenty's dumps. the tops holed up pretty well. splashily the ones made in Bohemia.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread