Semi Key Date Wheatie....

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't gotten to hunt all week.. had a sick kid.. so today I finally got out.. knocked on 5 doors and got a big goose egg when I detected them.. not even a wheat.. Gained final permission at a home that was moved to the property in 1927. They had to fill in a lilypond to be able to put the house there. Wasn't expected much and really didn't find much either. A few wheats and odds and ends.. I was carrying the GoPro and the AT Gold.. I got a 7-8 inch 84-85.. was hoping older silver but expected a wheat.. but sure as heck didn't expect this..
Bai9pvk.jpg

oYVxHZM.jpg

Upvote 2
OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thats the way the pic looked.. it's still there.. the flash off my cozimagnifier makes it look like that.. after I washed the dirt off the green is in spots.. looks kinda bad.. I will post another with out the flash

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's another.. It really doesn't have the dark green like the older wheats and Indians like we find.. But it does have some mottled looking green.. Kinda shows in the photos.. No I didn't use a cleaner.. Just warm water and a soft bristled tooth brush. 20150412_222851-1.jpg

Attachments

• 20150412_222851.jpg
    20150412_222851.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 155

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Congrats on the 31s, looks like it still has good detail!! I have a story that will almost parallel yours to a T! My Semi Key turned out to be a 1909s (no vdb).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread