Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeahs ago we were told by a farmer where Indians had their tents but we passed on check the area even though we had permssion. We were on the hunt for oldies but I've just had the thought that maybe this place might be worth checking out. Does anyone know if late 19th century/early 20th century Micmac indians usually camped over the same area for long periods of time? Would there be anything interesting to find from say 100 year old site, or would they basically just be using the same things as found at regular houses that age? Basically I'm asking what they used for currency in the last hundred years.

Upvote 0

Rob (B.C.)

Apr 14, 2009
The short answer.....UH, YEAH!!!!

Trade goods were handed down and the natives were still heavilly into adornment in that era!

Here a pic of a Mi'kmaq (proper spelling) lady taken in 1896......Look at all the trade silver and rings!!

DHP0210900-DEV01514.jpg

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah we might have to go investigate that field. Now that I think about it, his story must have been accounting the days before the farm because it doesn't seem like they would coincide. The farm seems at least 120 so maybe there could be some goodies to get.

Micmac paddy whack give a dog a bone, this old man came rolling home..........
ANY Native camp over 100 years old is worth searching. Let us know in the spring what you found.
Post it here! :thumbsup:
Dave.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muddyhandz said:
Micmac paddy whack give a dog a bone, this old man came rolling home..........
ANY Native camp over 100 years old is worth searching. Let us know in the spring what you found.
Post it here! :thumbsup:
Dave.

I will. I have no idea of the age, but it's very close to one of our most recent found Colonial sites so worth checking out.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
Count me in!

Probably a long shot but it's not a bad area to end up in. Basically the place I sent you the link on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread