Sending back my Fisher 1280X, AKA 'the seive', tomorrow.....

stevethebeachhunter

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2017
Montague,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x for the wet,Garrett 1350 GTA FER THE DRY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
???...I've had my Fisher 1280X water detector about 20 years, I bought her back when they were 'lifetime warranty', never a moments' problems in any way.......This last April, I sent her into Texas to have her rebuilt under the lifetime warranty: They replaced everything but the control housing and stem, everything else was showing its' age...….I used it 3 times in 2018,, and: When I took the batteries out for the year, I was almost shocked to tears, to discover that water had been leaking into the battery compartment, past the NEW battery door and NEW gasket, and completely trashed the NEW battery pack holder, wiring, connectors, etc., only having been used 3 different times. :icon_scratch:.....I called Fisher, they gave me a return #, she's going back tomorrow....Just for the "HMMMM" value, this morning I took the NEW battery door, with the NEW gasket on it, and secured it up properly on the old housing,, just like every other time in the past, and: I held the housing up to the light, and could see, VERY plainly,the GAP between the NEW battery door, NEW gasket and old housing, even screwed down properly, allowing water in. They said they would take care of it,and pressure test it. I did not ask them why the pressure test was not done, BEFORE they sent it back to me the first time...…...I will let y' all know, what they say.

Last edited:

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000 Garrett Ace 400 BH Tracker 4 Vulcan 360 AT Pro Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply just poor workmanship and not taking pride in your job to ensure you output a quality product and that seems to be the issue with a lot of merchandise these days

bigmike

Jan 5, 2007
Oregon
Detector(s) used
fisher 1266xb
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That would be frustrating but it sounds like they are going to try to take care of it for you. At least they are not giving you the run around so far. Hope it works out for you! Keep us posted on how it’s handled.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to hear about the machine...hope all works out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread