Senior Minelab Officer Responds To Inquiry About Customer Service

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received the following reply from Minelab after I e-mailed a senior Minelab officer about what is happening with Minelab customer service, both with the customer service move and with customer service in general.... I was asked to not post any names and will respect their request.

Minelab USA’s statement follows below......

" While we have been working diligently to provide the service levels we demand of ourselves and our Customers deserve, we have had to work through a few growing pains over the last few months that may have resulted in some lower than expected service levels. Minelab repair services continue to be run through Las Vegas at the present time. We have seen encouraging improvement over the last few weeks in regard to response times and equipment repair quality. We will continue to improve in these areas moving forward.

Over the past few months, Minelab USA has been investing in our current Customer Service process based in Las Vegas as well as our new Customer Service Center to be located in the Chicago area. This investment requires us to work through the transition of our service center from Las Vegas to Chicago – which is nearly complete. As well, this transition requires an investment in new personnel & systems. To achieve the highest level of service into the future we have hired two additional repair technicians and a new Customer Service Manager. These individuals are already working at improving our response processes & time lines, our technical expertise, a new service automation system & the opening of our new Customer Service center in Chicago. Our Customer Service & Repair center will be completely transitioned to Chicago from Las Vegas by early July. As we continue to work through the transition – and in fact, as an ongoing mission – we will continue to improve on our processes & Customer Service expertise. We hold the highest levels of Customer Service as a core value at Minelab. You have my assurance that we never will lose focus on the pursuit this core value. Thank you for your business and loyalty through some of these transitions. We do appreciate your business! "

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if wind will now be added to their repertoire of excuses. ;D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Treasure Hunter for the post on Minelab. :thumbsup:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That couldn't have looked more canned if he had signed it Chef Boyardee (probably has about the same ratio of sauce to noodling too)!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Best-Mike

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H,

I was given permission to post it by upper Minelab management, it is the same doc sent to dealers.

I opened this thread to give more info as some were not even aware of the repair move, or the hiring of additional techs, if some try to turn it into a bash fest at Minelab's expense I will lock the thread. I thought some would appreciate more info rather then hearing and knowing nothing...

crazyman

Nov 6, 2005
Indianola, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab Advantage
Oh my! If he was my child he would be in time out right now after telling such a tall tale. Actually he wouldn't be able to sit down.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey TH,

If you notice, every detector I own (with the exception of my Fisher Gemini Two Box) is a Minelab. I can afford any detector I wish, and have always bought Minelab.

Not quite a Minelab Bash fest. Maybe a Minelab MANAGEMENT bash fest. HAHAHA

Best-Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions