Serious Question...Need help

kevo

Mar 2, 2007
Louisville, Kentucky
I recently was able to figure out where a Spring is located that was a camp spot around 1800, and even before Kentucky was a state, it was still part of virginia. Well, the land is for sale and is actually very close to the interstate. I have no idea who owns the land but i'm sure with all of the industries going up it will be built on soon. You think I should go ahead and search it and just hope nobody says anything? It's got a spring and a big field, about a football field and a half.

Upvote 0
G

garbage digger

I would have to agree with Ron. Always ask permission and always fill you're holes. ;D Don't want to go around giving MD'ers a bad name before you know it there will be no detecting signs everywhere and we don't want that.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
I would give the seller a call and ask him if it would be ok to hunt for old buttons or old cartridge cases with my meal detector. Keep the money/coins out of the conversation as some people immediately see big $$$$$$$ and shut right down. Also Fill the holes and keep it neat. .02 HH

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF there is a For sale sign Call the Number.

OR Look them up on the Internet.
Most Real Estate services have web sites.

EMail them if necessary.

IF their office is local stop in.
Face to face should always be a First Resort.

Good Luck !

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check your local tax appraiser's office.

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get permission. You can't detect while sitting in jail!!

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I would have to agree. You need to get permission. Just don't go digging without permission. You can get into big trouble and detecting from jail is kinda tough.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it would be best to ask first. Even if you did so good that they could not tell where you dug they could say you de-valued their property and get you in hot water. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread