Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE
Upvote 0

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
frank my ex wife, looked down her nose at me all the time, so got rid of the wife, kept the detector and now have wonderful wife who detects with me all the time. Seriously offer to take her out with you never know you guys could be another husabnd and wife digging team like us
hh
dave+bobbie

Korban

Nov 2, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Xterra 30, Sov GT
My ex fiance thought i looked like a dork out there. And hey i do look like a dork but i dont care.

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I embarrass my wife by checking the papers that blow against the fenceline whenever we go shopping. It has paid off several times with ones, a couple of fives, a twenty and once i found an envelope containing $500.00.

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Well, my wife may think I look like a dork, but she sure is an angel for letting me go out and play all day. She don't get it when I bring home my "junk", but she understands how excited and happy I get when I bring home a civil war relic or old dime. She thinks its silly, but knows those old crusty things make me a happy man.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife thought I was nuts.....until I started bringing home jewelry. My soon-to-be 5 year old daughter thinks MDing is cool. Oh yeah, I jump out of the car at red lights to pick up change off the ground. She loves that!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife doesnt mind me mding but she wont go unless its at the beach.

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
If I'm not out digging, my wife thinks that there must be something wrong with me. And she doesn't mind the rusty metal in the house either. There are some good women out there.

Stacylee926

Dec 29, 2006
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Discovery 1100
My hubby definitely thinks I am nuts! He refused to let me do the front yard when I first got my MD (I finally did it when he wasn't home).

I have desperately tried to get him to go with me at least once. Last Sunday we spent a 'family day' together. On the way home I REALLY wanted to MD at a school. He allowed me to stop, but he stayed in the car and read - lol! He admitted to watching me a few times. It was the first time he kinda sorta went with me. I'm still working on him and I WILL get him to swing the MD with me at least once.

B

BIG61AL

My wife still thinks I look goofy with all my gear on but she's gotten used to it since it keeps busy and outta her hair. She's only really intertested when I bring home silver or gold jewelry [aren't they all interested then!]. If I can just get some one to water and mow my yards for free you would never see me home on my days off.

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
Yea she thinks it's a strange hobby but encourages me to get out and hit the dirt.When i bring home the goodies she goes through what i have found and she gets excited when there are some old coins or jewelry..
She even bought me a nice pinpointer and 10 inch coil for Christmas.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hubby doesn't know what to think, or why I get excited pulling a regular penny out of the ground after pulling junk out for an hour. He tried it but he doesn't have a very long attention span. He dug a tin can that was super deep, and a piece of foil, handed me the detector back and that was it. What gets me is that he got a new gun, a 12x6 utility trailer, a 5500 generator, a 4wheeler, lumber to build 9 deer blinds, and a couple other things since DEC. but he is balking at me wanting to get a gti 2500 >:(. Maybe its time to find one on ebay super cheap!!!) or at least make him think it was cheap. ;)

OP
OP
FinderFrank

FinderFrank

Sep 28, 2006
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE
txkickergirl said:
hubby doesn't know what to think, or why I get excited pulling a regular penny out of the ground after pulling junk out for an hour. He tried it but he doesn't have a very long attention span. He dug a tin can that was super deep, and a piece of foil, handed me the detector back and that was it. What gets me is that he got a new gun, a 12x6 utility trailer, a 5500 generator, a 4wheeler, lumber to build 9 deer blinds, and a couple other things since DEC. but he is balking at me wanting to get a gti 2500 >:(. Maybe its time to find one on ebay super cheap!!!) or at least make him think it was cheap. ;)

Kicker girl, w/ your husband having all his toys you deserve that gti 2500!!!!

Frank

OP
OP
FinderFrank

FinderFrank

Sep 28, 2006
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE
I feel much better since I'm not the only one,the knee pads,bag and all the gear is going to be strapped on tomarrow.Going for the silver. Nothing holding me back now. LOL!!!

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
My girl isnt overboard like I am but she has her own machine (prizm3), her own pinpointer, kneepads & I made her a nice diggin tool fer Christmas! She has found 3 rings, several nice pendants & a nice lil pile of money! I try to give her tips & pointers & she gets a lil pissy with me, wants to figure it all out by herself so I go my way & she goes hers. Its kinda cool sharing a hobby with my better half but she keeps the jewelry she finds & picks the nice stuff I find fer herself! :D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: embarrasses wife ---a nice ring or two found for her will "cure" it

funny how that works. Ivan

swingman

Feb 7, 2007
Coventry, CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab (2), Garrett (2), Whites (2)
I try to stay away from anyone who has such strong judgements about something innocuous, especially involving 'how it looks'. Unfortunatley that's hard in your situation.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She thinks I look goofy whether I'm detecting or not. No worries.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't care what my wife thinks about my detecting. I'm going hunting anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions