Setting your new years detecting goals

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
I want some more 1800's coins myself, especially silver ones!! Some nice interesting relics would be nice also. Most definate would be a colonial coin!

HH and Good Luck in the New Year.

Funkman

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cache of coins for me, or a stash of civil war artifacts would be nice, but I'd settle for a nice diamond ring or chunk of gold. ;D

My main goal is to do more thorough research as opposed to hopping in the vehicle and driving off down the road looking for a place that looks good. Civil War outpost, campsites and observation posts, winter shelters, that's going to be the focus of next years season.

I'm tired of digging clad. . .I'll leave that to the newbies :)

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Swing,

lots of things I would like to find, but
I would not call them "goals."

Just want to get out and have a good time.
Relax, enjoy, watch the clouds pass by, the
animals in the woods. No goals for me. ;)

have a good un.............

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
I'm with Sherm and Greg, just finding time to get out and enjoy the hobby is a goal for me.

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
I've had year and years and years of goals.

Now its time to enjoy life and thats what I'm doing as long as my batteries don't go dead.

Joe

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
id like to find time to get out more. id like to get my first seated coin of any variety or a walker or a standing lib. Ive got to do better lining up spots to hunt.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I'm with Sherm. It's a hobby, not a rush to the finish line. Although a bit more research might help on an occasion or two.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too agree with Sherm! Just getting out is an adventure and I've been happy to just find an earring back on occasion. It's also nice when the knees don't give out on the way back to the car.

Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread