Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather has been awesome here in Germany and I have been taking full advantage of it. Got in a few hours here and there on 4 fields, one field produced 35 coins and a few relics. Oldest coin find was a crusty 1800 Austrian copper. The following field is where the gallows was back in the medieval days, there is some speculation where it was exactly. There are a few houses beyond the trees and some say that is where the gallows was however, it was an incline, why not put it where I am standing as it is flat! There are four fields here and I have permission to detect three and have not really found anything very old besides a few buckles and pieces of buckles. There is also a street cut out in the middle of the hill top, street is named “High Court”, the site could have been under that and may be gone. Here’s the field and some of the finds.
22Feb07field.jpg

Some of the average buttons and a very nice condition German military button with a rampant lion facing right, late 1800s.
22Feb07buttons.jpg

A tag with a 67 on it, a medium size buckle with some leather strap remaining, an older buckle and a piece that appears to have been a harness decoration or mount as it has a lip and where 3 pins would have been.
22Feb07buckles.jpg

Five lead seals and 4 musket balls.
22Feb07lead.jpg

Some of the relics, two crushed aluminum thimbles and a broken copper thimble. A nice little blue glass bead, religious pendant, copper ring with a green stone, and a small cross.
22Feb07relics.jpg

Some of the nicer coins of 39 total. Unfortunately, the field in the picture above, produced the most but has many stones and rocks in the soil and was not kind to the relics and coins. Dates here are, 1875, 1908, 1851, 1851, 1800 crusty, 1924, 1924. The silver is eluding me.
22Feb07coinsD.jpg

Two nice weights of different styles. The lower left weight is a 50g and has many quality assurance hallmarks. The right bowl weight is also a 50g with 4 hallmarks and is in very nice condition with a beautiful patina. Top stack of bowl weights are previous finds shown just as an example, they were shaped like a bowl and stacked to conserve room in its container with the scale. I had thought this style was used primarily in the apothecary business but they were used as common weights for all purposes. I will have a lot of time this weekend as I just put my wife and kids on a bus bound for the snow covered mountains on a ski trip! Paying money to visit snow is just wrong and besides, I don’t ski. HH, Mike
22Feb07weights.jpg

Upvote 0

krichu

Jan 10, 2007
Poland
Detector(s) used
garret 2500 + Eagle Eye and Tesoro Vaquero
Excellent weights Mike. I very like weights
Congratulations ;)

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR
Very nice old finds, That is some really cool stuff
Congrats

Eddy

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure would be great if we could find the variety of coins and relics in the USA like you find there in Germany. Great finds.

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Oh wow Mike, really great relics and such a wide variety. You hit a definate sweet spot, wonderful post, thanks for sharing the sunshine.

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Fantastic finds, I love the coins and the buttons. I can't believe how good your soil is to those relics. Here in the Northeast part of the USA the soil turns most of our coppers to crud.... Great finds congrats.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
BM,

excellent group of artifacts; nice group of coins.

Thanks for posting.

have a good un.........................

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mike..........Glad to see the weather is great in your part of the world!!! With all that history there.....You just keep finding those nice coins and relics. Keep up the good work ........! HH

RonO

Feb 10, 2006
Cotacachi, Ecuador
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - Fisher F-75 Ltd - Omega 8000
Mike, thanks for a great post. I always enjoy your photos and your great decriptive stories. Keep 'em comin'.

Ron

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds Mike.

Must be nice still being able to hunt this time of yr. I love those old flat buttons. Those are new for you. But here in the u.s they are the oldest.

HH Jer

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
;D Nice. Hope to get more molten snow soon..

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
yeah you are right about the weather.. kind of warmish and sunny lately. Glad you got to get out and dig. I hope to go out tomorrow and find more cannonball stuff. I never find any of those lead seals. I think they are quite interesting. I think I have enough musketballs to supply a small army LOL HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread