Several Shotgun Shell Headstamps

ejp619

Greenie
Nov 4, 2016
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Over the course of the past few days i have found several shotgun shell headstamps and one large bullet. Below is a picture. From left to right: Top Row: U.M.C. co. 12 gauge New Club Headstamp, Unidentified 16 guage Headstamp, very worn U.M.C. co. 12 guage New Club series Headstamp, Peters Cartridge co. 16 gauge Victor Series Headstamp. Bottom Row: the first three are all U.S. Cartridge co. 12 gauge Climax Series Headstamps, the left one is a Western Cartridge co. 16 gauge XPert Series Headstamp. Below the headstamps is a Wincheter 30-30 bullet that is still active.
IMG_0003.JPG

Upvote 4
Shotgun
I still get stoked finding these. It is interesting dating these. They add to the history of the area.
Nice find

I know! it's so fun looking to find out how old they are
Several of these ones I found are from the 1900-1910.

I love finding them as well! I still smile every time I find one......especially, the older ones! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice finds on the Shotgun shells. A lot of people are starting to collect those now, and they make for a great display.

Yep,, while on a week long trip to western Pennsylvania, I hit a lot of shotgun shells and rifle brass. Lots of hunting going on out there.
Congrats on your finds.

I average 25 old shotgun shells to 1 flat button this year. Started saving them last fall. Have around 500 last count. The newer ones are easy to walk past but the old will ring up like like an Indian or a flat sometimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back