Steve07

Greenie
Oct 22, 2010
Northwest Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Gold Mountain King Cobra, Garrett Ace 150, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some older houses in Ct. (I personally know of two) the people hid their money in a sewer pipe, one real, one fake. One ex-girlfriend of mine, inherited a lake cottage from her Mother in Law and while she was having the sewage pipe refitted because of a flow problem, the Plumber found a metal capsule that was blocking half of the pipe with $3000 in bills tightly rolled inside, in the pipe near a joint. The Mother in Law was an old German Lady.
In a friends house, that him and his newlywed wife had just bought, he was in the cellar looking at the sewage pipes for any damage, and found a section of pipe that was capped on both ends. He got a pipe wrench and took off one end of the cap and found money stuffed inside, there were several hundred dollars, he took off the other end cap and found silverware (not clad, I don't think) nicely wrapped in there. They had bought the house from a woman who was selling her deceased German parents estate. Coincidence about both belonging to Germans? I don't know, but everyone run down into your basement or cellar and start checking the layout of the sewage pipes...

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Steve, I took all my sewer pipes apart. Found no money but do have a big smelly mess. What do I do now?

:laughing7: :laughing7:
Actually worth checking out. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Steve07

Steve07

Greenie
Oct 22, 2010
Northwest Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time to move! Do it at a friends house next time! I didn't say every house had one!

OP
OP
Steve07

Steve07

Greenie
Oct 22, 2010
Northwest Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget about those old outhouses, think about it...... People dropped their drawers and coins fell out and ended up where, You got it!!!! Depending on the age its composted and clean to dig in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread