Sharing my grief this past evening. Stuck on ridge and then....

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look I know on treasurenet I am not the most loved member but I am very young to be honest with u I'm actually 13 typing on my phone! Look I can't even say how sorry I am for you u gave me confidence to go out today thank you for ur pm I will always remember that I can't even imagine losing my father or mother or the best brother anyone could have but all at once I am so sorry! In ur pm u talked about ur grandson like me having the metal detecting spirit and I promise to you that I will care that same spirit especially today and the rest of my life and whatever I find today I'll send u a pm before I tell anyone else! I know some people may not be Christian however may God bless you remember this Jesus Quote " God knows what u are asking before u ask."
Signed keep fighting Jolteon

Jolteon.... Your a fine young man and I'd bet your parents are and should be proud of you. Have fun today buddy.... Brad

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Good for you.... That's the whole point of this thread. Use this thread as a reminder that things can change in an instant... Brad

I like the saying, "give them flowers while they're here". That is
what I try to do, a caring mortal man... "IF" there is an account to
come, after this life (for the sake of non-believers), I am confident,
that there will be a few treasured people (spirit souls), that will say:

"That guy really tried to help me". Those kind of people are quite few,
and far between, it seems to me. Thought of by The Grand Master
treasure hunter, as being "More precious than pure gold". That is
the great reward, that I look forward to. No matter what else this
time allows, for the rest of my life. To be part of the secret, and
priceless "peculiar treasure"... That will be the greatest reward of all... 8-) :fish:
:cross:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Look I know on treasurenet I am not the most loved member but I am very young to be honest with u I'm actually 13 typing on my phone! Look I can't even say how sorry I am for you u gave me confidence to go out today thank you for ur pm I will always remember that I can't even imagine losing my father or mother or the best brother anyone could have but all at once I am so sorry! In ur pm u talked about ur grandson like me having the metal detecting spirit and I promise to you that I will care that same spirit especially today and the rest of my life and whatever I find today I'll send u a pm before I tell anyone else! I know some people may not be Christian however may God bless you remember this Jesus Quote " God knows what u are asking before u ask."
Signed keep fighting Jolteon

Jolteon,

Who is the most loved on TN? LOL!

You already write, like a good and treasured young person.

If you listen to people that can help you gain experience,
without having to learn every lesson the hard way, then you
are probably way ahead of the game already, and you go!

Live, love, and enjoy! Never quit, no matter what. Don't ever, let
the licks you may have to endure, in this proving ground, stop you
from caring. That is one of the secrets to winning. Don't tell any
one all your secrets, just show 'em, maybe some of them
will know, and understand.

May your treasured dreams come true, answered prayers be many,
setbacks or disappointments, be very few, good luck always,
Sincerely, Crosse... :thumbsup: :metaldetector: :goldtrophy: :fish:

Last edited:

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Brad..I am so very sorry for your unimaginable loss..
I'm at a loss for words..my heart goes out to you..PLEASE take care of yourself..
Warmly,
Barb

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Another thing, after reading this thread a have began to think differently on life. To enjoy life while you have it, to never say "I will do that one day" but to do it as soon as you can next. To take advantage of the moments you have with your family and friends, even your own life, because you never know when you won't be able to. I know this has been said so many times on here but I will say it once more, don't take what you have for granted and realize that you may not have it tomorrow, even the next minute.

You may not know when catastrophe will happen, many many years from now or sooner than you hope, but you should know that it could happen at anytime and filling what time you can with happiness is the best thing you can do.

Anyways, I think that you taught everyone on here something valuable that should be easily remembered for the rest of their lives.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyways, I think that you taught everyone on here something valuable that should be easily remembered for the rest of their lives.

Thanks coinman123... I really don't know if I "taught" anybody anything but hopefully I helped some realize that something like this could suddenly happen to them. I received some PM's from others who lost beloved children also. I did/do realize I wasn't alone. I just chose to share my experience in real time since the news coverage was nationwide and share my grief and regrets. Nobody would have know Kristi and Carter were mine or my regrets if hadn't. Anybody who loses a child and grandchild will not bypass the grief but hopefully this thread was a reminder to help bypass any regrets thereafter toward true loved ones. And coinman.... if this "taught" somebody something or helped them realize something through my experience and words then good. That was the whole intent and purpose.

CharlieNY... Thanks again for posting their pics early in this thread. And, for all the kinds words and thoughts folks. And I mean ALL OF YOU!!!!

CDS.... I've shut the toy box thing down to build a new larger building now. I'll start back up after it's built and organized then. Probably by late summer early fall. And the wife has to have major back surgery in a couple of week also. She's having 2 steel rods inserted the length of her spine in a 8-10 hr. operation. So... this leaves no time for toy boxes and a very slow build on the shop also. But hopefully within another 3-4 months things will be on the upswing again.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We'll definitely keep your wife in our prayers! And you'll still be in the prayers too. May God bless.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks coinman123... I really don't know if I "taught" anybody anything but hopefully I helped some realize that something like this could suddenly happen to them. I received some PM's from others who lost beloved children also. I did/do realize I wasn't alone. I just chose to share my experience in real time since the news coverage was nationwide and share my grief and regrets. Nobody would have know Kristi and Carter were mine or my regrets if hadn't. Anybody who loses a child and grandchild will not bypass the grief but hopefully this thread was a reminder to help bypass any regrets thereafter toward true loved ones. And coinman.... if this "taught" somebody something or helped them realize something through my experience and words then good. That was the whole intent and purpose.

CharlieNY... Thanks again for posting their pics early in this thread. And, for all the kinds words and thoughts folks. And I mean ALL OF YOU!!!!

CDS.... I've shut the toy box thing down to build a new larger building now. I'll start back up after it's built and organized then. Probably by late summer early fall. And the wife has to have major back surgery in a couple of week also. She's having 2 steel rods inserted the length of her spine in a 8-10 hr. operation. So... this leaves no time for toy boxes and a very slow build on the shop also. But hopefully within another 3-4 months things will be on the upswing again.

Your right, I do not think anything was directly "taught" but it certainly gave people a reality check and made people realize what that they should never forget.

Also, I have always though about the idea of a small plaque/memorial inscribed with someone like this on it "Dedicated to those who have lost a special part of their family, may we we never forget" with an engraving of an angel.

I have seen stuff similar like a bench on a nice bike trail that says, "In memory of (person's name)" or a plaque on at a school that remembers any faculty members who passed.

I think that a fundraiser for something like that would be a pretty cool idea, maybe a small plaque next to a walking trail or a plaque at the local cemetery.

I will definitely be thinking happy thoughts towards you and your wife.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did your grandson go to public school or home schooled? I was just thinkin maybe we could cobble up somethin for his school. You know, it has come down to me through my family certain beliefs and the way to look at things. When I'm camping lookin up at the stars at night, the stars are the campfires of those who have passed on. The bigger ones are like where a bunch of people are gathered talking about things. That Milky Way is a road you walk on after you pass to get to the next world. That girl of yours and that grandson probably have one of those campfires up there.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Coinman123 & RGINN... Carter went to a Franklin TN. public school and was an outstanding athletic in football and baseball leading his teams. His birth father was never in his life but rest assured his mother made up for it 150%. Carter's coach gave an outstanding remembrance of Carter along with all his teammates at the funeral. I felt so bad for some of his teammates dealing with losing him as I did. Believe me Carter will NEVER be forgotten at his school... even at such a young age he was a leader.

RGINN... When my new woodshop is set up I'm going to have a wood branding iron made to inscribe each box I build and sell in honor of Kristi and Carter's memory. They died unselfishly helping others and I'll donate many boxes to churches and other charities to fill and distribute helping others also.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Limitool; My deepest Condolences. What was their first names. I will have a Mass said here in Boston for them. My own gal, Debra Getchell was killed by a drunk driver in 1991. I share your pain.. I will have prayers said tonight ok. Need any help, advice etc PLEASE reach me ok. May God Bless you and yours. PEACE:RONB :crybaby2::leprechaun-hat:

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Limitool; My deepest Condolences. What was their first names. I will have a Mass said here in Boston for them. My own gal, Debra Getchell was killed by a drunk driver in 1991. I share your pain.. I will have prayers said tonight ok. Need any help, advice etc PLEASE reach me ok. May God Bless you and yours. PEACE:RONB :crybaby2::leprechaun-hat:

Kristi Clark and Carter Oakley. And sir... my deepest sincere sympathy toward you and family for Miss Debra Getchell also.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a question addressed to ALL here... and maybe T-net has a good reason not too do this also. Here goes.....

Most members here (not all yet I know) have lost a loved one. And it doesn't matter if it was by a drunk driver, military service, suicide, health reason, old age or outright killed somehow. It would or might be helpful to have a forum dedicated to those who have lost a loved one.

I realize many of us would not want to share their lost or grief with others. And I completely understand this if they didn't. But, some I think would like to share their feelings and their loved ones past with others. I might be wrong and have been before but I bet some would. I'm very proud of what Kristi and Carter did last month helping others when they were killed... very proud. Maybe... just maybe some of us could help others on T-net dealing with their losses also and share.

I doubt anything will come of this request or idea but I just thought I'd ask to see if others might like this idea. I totally understand if the idea is not popular... Thanks, Brad

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
I have a question addressed to ALL here... and maybe T-net has a good reason not too do this also. Here goes.....

Most members here (not all yet I know) have lost a loved one. And it doesn't matter if it was by a drunk driver, military service, suicide, health reason, old age or outright killed somehow. It would or might be helpful to have a forum dedicated to those who have lost a loved one.

I realize many of us would not want to share their lost or grief with others. And I completely understand this if they didn't. But, some I think would like to share their feelings and their loved ones past with others. I might be wrong and have been before but I bet some would. I'm very proud of what Kristi and Carter did last month helping others when they were killed... very proud. Maybe... just maybe some of us could help others on T-net dealing with their losses also and share.

I doubt anything will come of this request or idea but I just thought I'd ask to see if others might like this idea. I totally understand if the idea is not popular... Thanks, Brad

Agreed

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
so sorry for your loss. prayers

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Worse case you could start a thread under "everything else". That would add a thread beyond our, "In Memory Of", section.

Lost Lives are Lost Treasures. A Place To Discuss The Loss. ...or some such title as you see fit. (?)

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I really like everything y'all are sayin' :) :thumbsup:

I've come to think of good people,
as like the real, True Spirit Treasures... :sunny:

I've missed good times with some,
and taken plenty good long times,
very well enjoying others. Worth more
than pure gold, according to 'The Boss'... 8-) :fish:

Yes, I have missed out, on spending time with some loved ones.
Especially, like I really would have wanted to, and felt bad, but that's not good.
To be tormented with grief, pain or guilt... But it happens unexpectedly...

Often just timing out of our control... Peace :key: :find: :treasurechest:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread