Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was asked by a nearby church to come to their big VBS program to share treasure hunting with the kids. Their theme this year was "the beach". The lady in charge knows me and asked if I could come share beach treasures with them. I have given many different types of treasure talks to many different groups so I was happy to do it again. I brought in two machines, two scoops, and my water pouch. I wanted to show them that I use different equipment on the beach than I use out in the water. I brought in a display case full of jewelry. In it was about 60 rings and many other ear rings, chains, etc…. I started by asking what they thought I liked to do at the beach. Then I asked them what were the different things that they did when going to the beaches or lakes. Their answers were swimming, fishing, building sand castles, picking up shells, and so on.
On the table I had toy cars, goggles, a can full of clad, a bag of pull tabs, misc fishing lures, sunglasses, shells, fossils, etc…. I wanted to show them that for all the different reasons that people go to the beach, I find their lost items. I spoke to 4 different groups of about 40 kids and leaders at a time for a total of about 160 people. There were many questions and it was well received. It appears they enjoyed it as much as I did. I can't wait till the next time I get to share this wonderful hobby with others.

Attachments

• DSC05768.JPG
    DSC05768.JPG
    443.1 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC05766.JPG
    DSC05766.JPG
    412.4 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC05767.JPG
    DSC05767.JPG
    486.4 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 19

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on sharing the POSITIVE side of the hobby!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, great stuff ! Thanks so much for taking time to be an ambassador to our amazing hobby! I just wished that someone like yourself visited my school when I was young...maybe I would have gotten an earlier start...lol...Excellent post, thanks for sharing..ddf

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job, but probably wrong forum.....Maybe repost where the thread gets more recognition. This forum better suited for finds.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is very exciting to see the interest in the hobby. Congrats on the opportunity. I wouldn't have the patience for all the kids but God gave you a gift that you use well.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job, but probably wrong forum.....Maybe repost where the thread gets more recognition. This forum better suited for finds.

I saw PLENTY of finds! A whole gaggle of future metal detectorists! Mike from MI took time to show these kids our great hobby, kids that might otherwise be roaming the streets instead of digging all those nasty zincolns for us...ddf

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing your experiences with the children; they will never forget your excitement, treasure and cool props. :icon_thumleft:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great ambassador to the hobby Mike. I am sure your presentation was enjoyed. Thanks for sharing

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:weee: Thank you for taking the time to represent the hobby so positively. Sets a good example for all of us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread