She said it was Sterling.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to go to the flea market today to get something repaired. I walk in to a booth and everything is one dollar. But they said they were getting ready to pack up so everything is $.50. Except for a couple pieces or more. I pick up this big spoon. She goes that says Sterling on the back of it. It's $.50! Then she says I have no idea what Sterling even means. I told her well I like the ones that say Sterling that's what I collect and I gave her a dollar for it and she gave me change!

image-740215151.jpg

image-2976482484.jpg

Picture next to a half dollar so you can see it's not your average spoon. Marked on the back of it W and H. And weight is 60 grams! And I found this at 2:30!

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
That is one way people selling hurt there sales.Most people when they see a booth with prices like that, figuare that every thing is going to be someones trash and they skip it.But once in a while there is a treasure and you have to dig for it.

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I like the ones that say Sterling, that's what I collect"
awesome

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I like the ones that say Sterling, that's what I collect" awesome

Her husband was there I figured he would've said something. I didn't know what to say. As soon as she said it was Sterling my thoughts were like crap the price just went from $.50 to $50!

I just put in my pocket and said thank you and walked away I didnt give him the chance to figure out what they were talking about!

a friend of mine is a cash for gold guy and I went to see if it had other value besides the silver plus it was $.50 and I'll just throw it in my pile but another guy there was determined to give me $11 for it. He did not want me to walk out the store with that spoon. Not the cash for gold guy but some other guy that was in his shop, it was really annoying. almost felt like I was going to be mugged over a silver spoon. But I told him it was $.50 I need to take it home and put it in my change jar with the rest of my $.50!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread