Sherlock Beale And The Case Of The Missing Facts

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
While I won't reveal it, there is an official document, dated 1815, that is from a Thomas Beale to Pierre Lafitte. Why won't I reveal it? Because I'm amazed that nobody else has found it yet, or made reference to it. And also because it still does not directly make tie to the Beale tale. All it does is establish that a Thomas Beale knew Pierre Laffite, nothing more.
OF COURSE, Thomas Beale, Sr. & Pierre Lafitte knew each other... they were in the FRENCH QUARTER, where Thomas Beale, Sr. had a "Drinking Hole" (Tavern).

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
While I won't reveal it, there is an official document, dated 1815, that is from a Thomas Beale to Pierre Lafitte. Why won't I reveal it? Because I'm amazed that nobody else has found it yet, or made reference to it. And also because it still does not directly make tie to the Beale tale. All it does is establish that a Thomas Beale knew Pierre Laffite, nothing more.
Are you referring to "doctored" cropped newspaper add from Robert N Williams book that has "Thomas Beale, Register of Wills posted above a wanted notice in French for Pierre Lafitte? That is manufacture "evidence"
There has been a lot of that type of "evidence" about Beale in books with no other "connexions".
Or are you dragging out the Lafitte memoirs in an attempt to discuss THE FIFTH GENERATION?
We been there, done that!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL! Define "Backing Evidence"...
Definite solid connections to the Beale story, not maybe, could be, I believe, I think...
that's just the same as claiming to have found Huck Finn's raft, Tom Sawyer's paintbrush, the Oz Wizard's balloon and then writing a book based on this wonderful discovery.
It is NOT evidence, and most importantly, does prove the story to be true.
"Have you seen the white whale, Moby Dick"?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Definite solid connections to the Beale story, not maybe, could be, I believe, I think...
that's just the same as claiming to have found Huck Finn's raft, Tom Sawyer's paintbrush, the Oz Wizard's balloon and then writing a book based on this wonderful discovery.
It is NOT evidence, and most importantly, does prove the story to be true.
"Have you seen the white whale, Moby Dick"?
TY! Porter Mountain "info/items" of interest; "google" Beale Vault - Tripod.com. If you have questions, go to their web-site; don't "bugger" me. Looking for OCC info with "pic" of plaque" in LYNCHBURG, Va.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you referring to "doctored" cropped newspaper add from Robert N Williams book that has "Thomas Beale, Register of Wills posted above a wanted notice in French for Pierre Lafitte? That is manufacture "evidence"
There has been a lot of that type of "evidence" about Beale in books with no other "connexions".
Or are you dragging out the Lafitte memoirs in an attempt to discuss THE FIFTH GENERATION?
We been there, done that!

Now see, in light of recent concerns, you didn't even bother to pause to consider why I made that post? Killjoy!.....:laughing7: Oh well, not the first time a soldier was accidentally shot by friendly fire...:laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Meaning...?
If one has a vested interest in the story (such as Beale) this connection creates an emotional blindfold that blinds one judgement when presented with hard provable facts that conflict with their formed hopeful belief.
Many, many examples on these threads.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
If one has a vested interest in the story (such as Beale) this connection creates an emotional blindfold that blinds one judgement when presented with hard provable facts that conflict with their formed hopeful belief.
Many, many examples on these threads.
LOL! Well, I DO NOT have a "vest interest"; consider "Cognitive Dissonance" for those that do...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL! Explains it all; you MUST have a broken record... it is SKIPPING, unless you are a DJ for RAPPING... next "number" is the BEALE RAP from BEALE STREET BLUES! (Elvis is NOT in the building...).

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread