Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good observation AARC. My records indicate that on Sept 18, 1749 over 20 British merchant ships sank in a hurricane near this area. There are no names of the vessels listed. The one pic I got is all he sent.

The lab in Miami told him not to try to remove any of the encrustation. You know how these guys are, "don't try to clean it. Let me do it."
So this little tid bit helps alot.....if 20 sail on Sept 18 1749 we are in belize.....if 10 sail on Sept 17 1794 we are in Cayman. I'll take salvor6 word and assume the bell was found in Belize. I'm still looking for a general date range on this decorative band, but I'm starting to lean towards mid 1700s at this point. And of coarse this is all speculation at this point. I'm just having fun doing some armchair research. Time to pack my pipe again and check out some Belize wrecks !!

WaveJunky757

Jan 31, 2018
Virginia Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(Off topic sorry). Belize looks like an untapped resource. A slew of islands and cays, and a very long barrier reef along the coastline. Looks like a sailing vessel trap.

whydahdiver

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff Robot, thanks a lot! I am located in Newport, R.I. Heavily involved in piracy and slaving. Her captain was indeed Prince and he sold the slaves in Jamaica and was captured by Bellamy shortly after leaving there.

Whydadiver

whydahdiver

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After we found the bell it put to rest most of the doubters but a few nuts claimed we forged it! We found that in 1985, three great wreck discoveries that year: Whydah, Atocha mother lode and Titanic, what a year!

All the documents spelled her Whidah, when we saw the bell we had to change a lot of clothing and even my license plate!

Whydahdiver

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(Off topic sorry). Belize looks like an untapped resource. A slew of islands and cays, and a very long barrier reef along the coastline. Looks like a sailing vessel trap.

Belize would have been (and probably still is) considered a captain's nightmare. sand/mud flats that extend miles off the coast and then you have the barrier reef. Easy enough to avoid in clear daylight, but at night, or in a storm and running for safety and you would likely be done for. Even modern ships have to snake a long, winding path and still stop far off the coast.

Folliowng this bell story for a while and I think it's fascinating. I hope to see the truth of it's history discovered soon!

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those involved here is the international law regarding the bell.
https://www.thebritishacademy.ac.uk...ention Briefing Note March 2014 FINAL_Web.pdf
https://treaties.un.org/Pages/showDetails.aspx?objid=08000002802198d9
Spain ratified the UNESCO law and if under Spanish Trade the bell is protected. No matter if it was the ships bell or cargo. Second link shows all countries who ratified it. If Croatian then it is protected by Spain, Croatia and the Islands that the bell was recovered from. Belize is not on ratification list but does not remove Spanish trade connection.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... missed a lot of posts... love that picture Smith.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mods, please close the thread until the OP provides information.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Guess xaos is not the finder Either

OP is a Charter Member. xaos is NOT.

Salvor6 is the OP. xaos is NOT.

Sorry !We Appreciate All Our Members, However, We do Not close Threads Without Good Reason.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salvor6 said in opening line of thread that it was found by a friend and he could not reveal where, he also said he was only sent one picture. No member is required to reveal any info they do not want to reveal.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW, I was joking!

Jeeez.

Okay, mixed up the threads as there are 2 going on!

What I jokingly meant was, since the FINDER is asking for help with identification, but wont provide the most basic details, close the thread until the FINDER provided information.

Thats what I meant.

The only finder I am is finding is this identification is a pain without any details.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if the thread were closed till he provides details he would most likely
feel he has to start a new thread. not a great idea either.

again We appreciate your Opinion. but that's Not how things are done :coffee2:

Last edited:

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Within the force, we are all connected and all share a part in a recovery that connects us with the collective good and understanding.

Without the understanding of the force, humans would be left to haphazard endeavors with no real meaning, like Oak island.

Feel the force, be one with the universal collective to further mankinds understanding of the past to further the future.

Your finds are a result of the force of attraction that lead you to the recovery.

May the force be with you

51NLMYSz5qL.jpg

Last edited:

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
xaos
21 pages and we are looking for what ?
suggest going to a church or synagogue, most here use detectors or the internet (there is a force for you)

Gene

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
xaos
21 pages and we are looking for what ?
suggest going to a church or synagogue, most here use detectors or the internet (there is a force for you)

Gene

21 Pages ?

Go into Edit Profile, & General Settings You can change it to 50 Posts per Page.
Then you Can say as I Do.

"Only 7 Pages So Far " :coffee2:

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
21 Pages ?

Go into Edit Profile, & General Settings You can change it to 50 Posts per Page.
Then you Can say as I Do.

"Only 7 Pages So Far " :coffee2:

Oh my. You just made my day. Thanks for that tip, Jeff!

OP
OP
Salvor6

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Once again let me remind you that the bell is just 8" tall and 5" wide at the base.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread